Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No 1Ds Mark IV anymore but a 5 D Mark III instead.

Re: No 1Ds Mark IV anymore but a 5 D Mark III instead.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    ...and just in case Daniel-san's dry, acerbic wit was still sufficiently opaque

Google says he's a noted bridge salesman based in London. I still don't get it. [:S]

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle

and just in case Daniel-san's dry, acerbic wit was still sufficiently opaque

Google says he's a noted bridge salesman based in London. I still don't get it.

It just goes to show you. When your on vacation in Japan at a sushi bar, and had a few sake you can be any one you want to be. Personally I believe everything I read on the internet, and hear at the local pub.

Google says he's a noted bridge salesman based in London. I still don't get it. [img]/emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]

I'm he might be involved in real estate, but I googled him and he is supposed to be the chief executive officer of Canon. So I guess that is pretty reliable![H]

Just to make sure were talking about the same guy does he look like this Daniel?

John.

There are a lot of holes in Daniel
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

and we are getting a 24-70 2.8 IS

Quote Originally Posted by nickds7

and we are getting a 24-70 2.8 IS

Sure we are. Canon Rumors said we were in 2009, and then that it would be announced in Feb 2010...then again for Photokina. But 2011 is the year. Right? Right. Daniel, please confirm this with your source, and also please check prices on some swampland in Kansas.

Still waiting Daniel.[:^)]

John.

Well Daniel, we can only conclude from what we see that there ain

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass

Well Daniel, we can only conclude from what we see that there ain't gonna be no 5D III or 7D II. Unless you can give some solid evidence we'll just assume you've been pulling are leg.

No, no! Definitely not pulling your leg. I've just been too busy lately to repond to the thread. I have some time now, so I'll be happy to fill you in on the details.

Google says he's a noted bridge salesman based in London. I still don't get it.

I'm he might be involved in real estate, but I googled him and he is supposed to be the chief executive officer of Canon. So I guess that is pretty reliable!

That's why everything he has told me so far has turned out to be true.

Just to make sure were talking about the same guy does he look like this Daniel?

Yep, that's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

Please put us all out of our collective misery Daniel and tell us all the Canon new product releases for the next year.

As luck would have it, last week I was visiting in Japan again and Fujiosan (as I call him) gave me the overall outline.

The first bit of big news is a 24-70 f/2.8 L IS ($2,000). We met at the same studio where they filmed the moon landings back in 1969, but everyone's already seen my video of Neil Armstrong's "landing", and I wanted to really test this lens out, so Canon let me take an early copy of this lens on assigment for a week and I snapped a few great shots of Sasquatch.

We're also looking at a 14-24 f/2.8 L IS ($2,400) released with a 500mm f/5.6 L IS ($2,700). They let me borrow a 500mm and I got a few great raw files of the Loch Ness Monster (you may have seen my earlier shots of him -- they weren't very detailed).

Unfortunately, the bridge sale I was working on fell through. I'm not worried about it though, I'm sure another buyer will come along. My other close friend, Mr. Barnum (I call him PT), said "there is another Canon rumor born every minute." []

Damn it, I just let my gym membership run out and sold all my lenses.[*-)]

Here I was hoping for that 14-400mm f2.8 L IS ($????) that people in the know have been murmering about. My puny guns would have turned into mighty pythons hoisting that baby around.

Oh well, keep us posted Daniel, so far all your sauces have been impeccable. Did I spell that right?

I'll keep waiting, I know you'll come through.[Y]
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur