Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refurbished and White Box model

Re: Refurbished and White Box model

Ah, so we were right about where it comes from, but the reason for the separate sale was slightly off...

Curious though, the white box kit lens isn't marked for individual sale, so is it legal to do so? I imagine that it can only be resold as "refurbished"--i.e., someone buys the kit and returns it. I'd buy a white box, though--an unused lens is a new lens no matter what box it comes in! [:P]

Quote Originally Posted by wickerprints

Curious though, the white box kit lens isn't marked for individual sale, so is it legal to do so? I imagine that it can only be resold as "refurbished"--i.e., someone buys the kit and returns it.

<span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana;"]The guy I spoke with was no <span style="font-family: Verdana;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Oster[:P] but I specifically asked him if it was a return and he said no.<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]<o></o>

I purchased a 5D from Adorama several months ago, and it came in a "White Box".

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.27.05/Canon-USA-Consumer-Products.jpg[/img]

JeffersonPoster

I talked to Helen like 2 months ago about something and here is a quote from the reply I got:

"AllAdorama refurbs are clearly advertised as
    such. In addition, when you receive a refurb from Canon, it will come
    in a plain white box - usually sealed, and there will be a small gold
    sticker on the bottom which will state that it has been refurbished."

I hope that helps a bit.

I have no problem with the camera. Got a pretty good deal. Looks brand new. Had a mirror-glue problem that Canon took care of, (10 days from time I shipped it to N.J., 'till I got it back. Not bad. No charge even though Adorama's warranty had expired...Thank You Canon). Had a "gold sticker" on the bottom. Came in a "White Box". So I make the conclusion that Refurbished and White Box model are the same thing. No difference.

JeffersonPoster