I've been very happy with my 17-55 f/2.8 and my XSi since purchasing them in Feb 2009. As I've been following TDP and these forums, my wish list for lenses came to include the 10-22, 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro, and the 70-200mm f/4L IS. And a 7D to go with them, of course.

I'm happy to say I purchased a refurbished 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro on B&H this morning, and I can't wait to get it! I fully expect to have a lot of fun with this lens, and I'm hoping to be able to use it for more than just macros, as Bryan states in his review. He mentions it being a fun lens to use for other purposes, too, so I'm excited.

The only downside is that I still haven't purchased the 70-200 f/4L IS, but that will have to wait. That will remain the #1 lens on my wishlist. Good things come to those that wait I suppose, and I'm still in the waiting category, probably until I finish pharmacy school in 2 years. I'll have fun with the 100mm Macro until then, and of course the 17-55 is such a great lens for most of the stuff I like to shoot, like landscapes.

Would love to hear from others around here that have this lens. Any pictures you have to share? How well does the IS function?

Next Wed.....can't come fast enough.

I have this freaky idea of getting macro shots of my wife's, kids', and my eye and putting them in a frame together. Might be cool, might be a little too freaky to walk past in the hallway.

alex