Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Critique Please: Logo from photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Critique Please: Logo from photos

Have you considered adding a small stroke in a contrasting color, or maybe a drop shadow/outer glow? Seems like the text needs something to help it "pop" of the background.

Also, I think the text would look a little nicer if you tightened up the kerning a bit.

I agree with everyone else, it

Rodger,

If last time was a triple, then this was a Grand Slam!

I totally love this version, it seems to work with both backgrounds too!

But.., if I totally wanted to go OCD on it, my critique would be that I would like to see a slightly darker shade of the "P" to better match the other beiges and browns. It doesn't have to be beige, I would just like to see a stronger "P" that anchors the word Photo better. Maybe a little shading in the upper portion of the "E" on the white background which I'm just throwin out there, but I don't think it's necessary, because it's totally clear that it says Rodger.

The only other thing that I'm not that crazy about is the letter "T" because her head looks like the dot on a lowercase letter "i." It also could look like she is hanging on a cross. I'm not that thrilled with the 2 fuscia dresses next to each other either. Besides the other one bending down and laughing looks hotter. Making something like this is not easy, and would totally drive me nuts.

Things I love about:

I love the color changes that you made. I think the letters now look like words instead of a few letters in the middle of a word.

I love the Guitar player, the better contrast of the skateboarder and plaid shirt, the snowboarder, and the graffiti artist.

This is totally sick dude, keep it up!

Rich

Reminded me of the new mtv logos. (not that I watch mtv). I like it though!

Only thing I'd say is that the photos for the word photo doesn't go as well together as it does for the first 2 words. Especially the 'ph'.

it

Hi Rodger its far to busy, when you will try and use the logo at a smaller size it really wont show much of the background pictures. Try a re-size to the size you would actually use.