Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just can't stand this guy!

Re: I just can't stand this guy!

wow, i just checked out his site, and im kinda depressed from reading it. Every review was pretty much the same, "Its cheaper!" in every one and so little detail as to why its better.

Ha ha, good one, Daniel!

I think KR has long been a laughing stock, just read some quotes from [url="http://www.dpchallenge.com/forum.php?action=read&FORUM_THREAD_ID=334007:]www.dpchallenge.com/forum.php[/url]
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"](Mocking KR): "With my Nikon D70... bla bla bla...which is just like a D70s but without an 's'...Yak Yak Yak...and I don't like this lens cos' I don't have one...rant, moan, mutter...Me, my Nikon D70, me, my len's..."
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"What's incredible is that if you google "genius or fool?" and don't even specify Ken's name, this thread is at the top of the list."
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"I encourage all of you who have been mislead by KR to write to him for your money back."
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"...He starts out with 'forget the tripod, it is not necessary with today&rsquo;s digital cameras.' So of course I had to check out his work. And well, long story short. I now own a decent midrange Tripod."

And some quotes from [url="http://blog.bahneman.com/content/ken-rockwell-facts?story=Ken_Rockwell_Facts:]blog.bahneman.com/.../ken-rockwell-facts[/url]
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"KR is the Chuck Norris of photography"
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"KR's camera has similar settings to ours, except his are: P[erfect] Av[Awesome Priority Tv[Totally Awesome Priority] M[ajestic]"
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"Circle of confusion? You might be confused. KR never is."
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"KR ordered an L-lens from Nikon, and got one."
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"When KR brackets a shot, the three versions of the photo win first place in three different categories"
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"Before Nikon or Canon releases a camera they go to Ken and they ask him to test them, the best cameras get a Nikon sticker and the less good get a Canon sticker"
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"On KR's desktop, the Trash Icon is really a link to National Geographic Magazine"
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"For every 10 shots that KR takes, 11 are keepers."
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"KR never produces awful work, only work too advanced for the viewer"
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"KR isn't the Chuck Norris of photography; Chuck Norris is the KR of martial arts."

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge to post all this material (my girlfriend is still waiting for me to stop laughing like an idiot [])

I advise that in the future, when referring to anything he does, use the acronym "KR," which will avoid giving him the search engine traffic. He

Hi, I'm new here and hate to make my first post a b*tch - but I couldn't resist when I saw this!

I'm starting to get serious about getting back into photography (being old school) and having a lot of old Nikon equipment, Ken's site is one of the first places I landed. The first thing I noticed (besides his acerbic "wit") was his site seems to be completely uncontaminated by facts. While it's one thing to opine, it's another to lay out fiction as truth. For instance his claim that the 7D (and 5D) is half plastic. Of course the Nikons are mostly metal (although I can't find this reference now as his site has recently been revamped).

http://kenrockwell.com/canon/7d.htm#compared

Anyway, I think I would at least do a brief search on camera chassis, which would turn up plenty of information on the canons showing them to be pretty much solid magnesium-alloy. The D7000 on the other hand is half plastic, and the most important part - the lens mount is plastic. Don't get me started on his "dream lenses" or tips on photography. I'm just happy that somebody like him can still make money doing what he loves. And, I look at it like pro-wrestling - he's got a shtick.

Anyway, that's enough of him. Expect to see me around asking stupid questions about settings and lighting and the like as I get into the land of digital. And, for what it's worth - I'm looking at getting a 7D, with the glass to make it worthwhile.

I've just discovered this one!:

(From KR's review of the 220EX): "I prefer the 220EX over the larger Canon flashes. The bigger flashes are much heavier, and don't do anything different." [:|] Well, now I realize I've been a fool for saving the last three months to get a 580EX II flash!
    <p align="left"]In the same page: "Noises When Shaken: Some clicking". At least this is some useful information (seriously).

Daniel, since you invoked grand ideas like 'evolution' and 'outer space' consider...in an infinite number of universes there will be an infinite number of KRs. Thus, like that one monkey in one of those universes that manages to find a typewriter and produce the complete works of Shakespeare, somewhere out there in the vastness of infinity there is a KR who knows what he's talking about...

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Wash your filters in your sink along with your dirty dishes.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

What a hoot! I almost spilled the coffee on the keyboard.

I agree about the KR comments, but we have to hand it to the guy, he's making money!

when i fisrt started dslr i learned a lot from his site no wonder... lol still i find hes ideas helpful tho.

Quote Originally Posted by SalazarGarzaCapitalist
    when i fisrt started dslr i learned a lot from his site no wonder... lol still i find hes ideas helpful tho.

Its to bad he doesn't have forum on his site with things for sale. It might be real help full to us, we might pick up some good cheap tripods that his followers don't need.

Is it KR season???