Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more instruction booklets for lenses?

Re: No more instruction booklets for lenses?

A minor clarification: I did not say that a CD costs more to make than a booklet--in fact, I implied the opposite, although I can

Quote Originally Posted by wickerprints
    An interesting question is whether Canon will do the same for future body manuals. I think this is less likely because those booklets are sometimes carried around by their owners as reference guides--whereas I rarely if ever hear of people carrying around the manuals for their lenses.

I don't 'carry' any of them. But I have the pdf versions of the 7D and 5DII manuals stored on my iPhone for an on-the-go reference. [8-|]

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    My 100-400 and 70-200 II came with LZ cases, the silver/gray ones with a zipper.

I read this and I wouldn't doubt your word without checking this out myself. My brother has my old 100-400 now but I have the 180mm Macro at home and it has the exact same case. So I got it out to see if it was indeed silver/gray. I pull the case out and yes, it is silver/gray but with a light brown tone to it. So thinking it might be a reflection off the carpet, I find a spot where everything around is straight white, and still I see the brown undertone.

Then I wake the wife up, and ask her what color it is. This is not a good thing to do, but she looks at it and says gray. I take my shower and when I get out she is awake so I go through this all again. This time she says it does have a creamy brown color to it.

So from what I can tell it has a tanish brown undertone in the color but the primary color is the silver/gray. But what I found odd about this is that in my mind I rember it as straight Tan.

Perhaps I need a grey card to balance my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    Then I wake the wife up, and ask her what color it is.

I do this all the time. [] I mean, ask my wife what color things are according to her.

I would not dare to wake her up for that, though. [:#]

I came into this thread a little late, but I just want to mention that my 85 f/1.2 that came 2 weeks or so ago was the same. CD and no booklet.