Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B+W

Re: B+W

the silm version,,,

my brother has bought one year ago a filter for his 70 200 f2,8 l is that is a rodenstock 77 UV filter... and cost about 100 dollars a bit more than the b+w...

is rodenstock better than b+w?

by the way i have ordered the filter today and should be here in about two weeks or less.... and i paid 60 dollars for the b+w MRC 77mm UV filter ,amazon.uk sells for the same price that ebay sells... well i´m anxious to get the filter and see if it is the real deal... if it is i will be really really happy... but lets wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by Cris

the silm version,,,

If you mean the XS-PRO mount, sort of. Most B+W filters are either F-Pro mount or SLIM mount - the slim mount is thinner because it lacks front threads, meaning you need to use the provided slip-on cap instead of the Canon (or other) cap that came with the lens, since those require threads. So, SLIM is fine for a filter that won't 'live' on your lens, but not ideal for a UV filter intended to remain on the lens full time. The XS-PRO mount is just about as thin as the SLIM mount, but it does have front threads (one fewer turn than the F-Pro), meaning the standard cap will work (or another filter can be stacked, if absolutely needed).