Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDR Imaging.. post yours?

Re: HDR Imaging.. post yours?

This is a nice little portrait shoot I did with my Uncle's girlfriend and her two dogs. What do you all think?

Also, I took this one of my mom playing pool yesterday... she asked for this pose haha!!!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5342.IMG_5F00_0099_2D00_Edit.jpg[/img]

Gregg,

Do you manage to get ghost birds in all of your hdr? :P Looks great. I have both Photomatix and HDR Efex as well. Haven
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Jordan,

I LOVE those. Especially the first. I have decided that most of my HDR will be portraits. I love how surreal it looks. Somehow it looks MORE dynamic when using it with people. HOW did you get the dogs to sit still? Are you like Gregg with a 1D4? (still counting down the days for my new body.)
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

thanks Rocco,

The only thing about portraits is that the skin sometimes looks weird if you aren

The 7d is the camera I

well Rocco,

The EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM is a GREAT lens... I am trying to sell mine though because I want to convert to all FF lenses, because my next camera will either be a 1.3x or 1.0x camera... so I want two focal lengths for all my lenses.... Otherwise, I

Hi Rocco.

It seems that in the few examples, I have BIF in my HDR's!! Funny! As far as the bracketing goes, yes the 1D can go up to 7 bracketed shots, and you can do 2, 3, 5, or 7 shots. I think the Nikon's can do up to 9...I think.

I also think the 17-55IS is a great lens to have for the crop bodies. It will greatly help having IS to handheld shots, of all kinds, including HDR's. Most of my wide angle HDR's now are done with my 1D4, and I use a Nikon 14-24G(adapted). I think IMHO, that it blows my old 16-35ll away. Especially in the corners! Here is an HDR from Lucca, Italy, taken with said combo, processed in HDR Efex. I was in a tower, and this shot was taken through an opening in the tower. Unfortunately, I did have a little movement(if you look closely at the tower in the distance)

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4276.Lucca-Cityscape2.HDR-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by greggf

Hi Bob...

I think that is a great representation of a pseudo-hdr. Good tones and contrast throughout. What program did you use?

Here are 2 examples of what I described above in previous post about using Photomatix vs HDR Efex...A beach scene with lots of colorful sky and foreground colors. Let me know what you think. Taken with 1D4 and 16-35 2.8ll. Of course there are going to be different depending on the method used(HDR Efex has so many diff ways to create), but this is a general representation between the two.

Thanks Greg, I used HDR EFX Pro--Like you and some others, I do own Photomatix as well, but haven't even opened it since I got EFX.

I Definitely Like the second one better--Nice Job.

Bob

Bob

Shot this with a canon point and shoot back in 2005. First HDR image I ever attempted.

canon power shot A40 11mm, f/4, 1/50 sec

2011©ThomsBlackford,TrindPhotography

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5086.IMG_5F00_0065.JPG[/img][img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0724.Matt-HDR.jpg[/img]

This is a 5 shot HDR of my brother's dining room ... 1DMKIII + Sigma 8-16mm + Tripod ... processed with Photomatix Pro

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7624.343V9914_5F00_5_5F00_6_5F00_7_5F00_8_5F00_ton emapped.jpg[/img]