Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Focal Length Analysis

Nope it doesn't come with Elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Thanks...I have DXO, Lightroom and DPP. I take it not of these have this feature?
    In LR library module you can choose focal length as a filter parameter. If you select "all photographs" in the left panel and add a metadata filter with focal lenght as one of the filter parameters, you basically get your statistics in the drop down list. I don't know of any way to save the info to file, but for me this is good enough.

(In my list it's obvious that I mostly use the ends of my zooms. If I exclude the zoom ends and the primes, my most used focal length is 35 mm (on crop bodies).)

Additionally, if you place lens as superior filter parameter (to the left of focal length), you can also get the statistics for each lens (i.e. you can see how you use your zooms).
    Last edited by cls; 10-18-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Thanks...I have DXO, Lightroom and DPP. I take it not of these have this feature?
    With LR, you can probably do something with the filter window (\ in the lib module)
    . Otherwise, there is certainly somebody who developed a plug-in for that.

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    In LR library module you can choose focal length as a filter parameter. If you select "all photographs" in the left panel and add a metadata filter with focal lenght as one of the filter parameters, you basically get your statistics in the drop down list. I don't know of any way to save the info to file, but for me this is good enough.

(In my list it's obvious that I mostly use the ends of my zooms. If I exclude the zoom ends and the primes, my most used focal length is 35 mm (on crop bodies).)

Additionally, if you place lens as superior filter parameter (to the left of focal length), you can also get the statistics for each lens (i.e. you can see how you use your zooms).
    Well done next time I'll read the second page before answering... Sorry