No, not with Nikon. With Sony. Specifically with the new mirrorless Nex 5N, which I bought so that my wife would have a camera with great image quality but one that's smaller and easier to use. And I have fallen in love with this little gem.

It won't replace my 7D for many uses (particularly telephoto and macro shots), but I am blown away and can see why someone might "downgrade" to a mirrorless and never look back. It has pretty much all of the manual controls of a DSLR (although I haven't found exposure lock yet...). It's smaller and lighter. And it has some distinct advantages over my 7D and Canon DSLRs in general:
  1. the ability to touch the screen where you want to focus, and then have the camera track whatever you touched
  2. instant, in-camera panos
  3. full time autofocus during video
The kit lens is even very good despite some heavier than expected distortion on the wide end. But here's the kicker: based on my limited use thus far, it's pretty clear to me that the NEX 5N's high ISO performance is significantly better than the 7D. Ouch. That makes the relatively slow kit lens far more useful.

Here's a sample shot taken at 55mm, f/5.6, 1/80 and ISO 3200. JPEG straight out of the camera with no PP. The focus is on the far right bottle. Lighting was intentionally terrible. You can click through and see the full res version.

So what do you think? Anyone else with mirrorless experience? Will Canon get on board and make one? Will the mirrorless cameras threaten the traditional SLR? Might the technologies merge in the future?