I've been looking at two 24mm lenses for some time now - the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L tilt-shift and the EF 24mm f/1.4L USM. I realize that these are very different lenses, so let me explain my intended purposes and questions/concerns.

TS-E 24mm f/3.5L - I enjoy shooting landscapes, and this seems to be one of the best lenses out there for doing so. In particular, living in Minnesota my favorite place to go is the north shore of Lake Superior. I make at least a few trips every summer, and I'm considering going up for a first winter trip to capture some frozen waterfalls. Besides waterfalls, I often find myself in the woods, taking pictures of anything that strikes me as interesting or beautiful.

For owners of this lens: The 82mm filter size concerns me, at least in terms of additional cost. Buying a polarizer and ND filter or two will add some significant cost to this lens. Would my 77mm filters work with a step down ring as long as the lens wasn't shifted to one of the extremes? How often do you find yourself using this lens? Besides landscape and architecture, what do you use it for? What are your overall opinions of this lens?

EF 24mm f/1.4L USM - I would use this lens primarily indoors at family events and on my 7D for indoor sports - specifically karate. Unlike so many other sports, often you're really close to the action with karate, and getting two people sparring in the frame sometimes requires a relatively wide-angle lens.

For owners of this lens: What is the AF speed and accuracy like for you on this lens? Bryan indicates it's fast, but was occasionally missing for him. What's your experience with sharpness wide-open?What are your overall opinions of this lens?

I'm interested in any thoughts or opinions and suggestions any of you may have. I've looked around the net at other forums, but sometimes I feel lost in a sea of cynics and ignorance. I thought here I could get a clearer and more useful opinions on these lenses.