Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo Promotions: What are yours?

Re: WALL ART ON SALE DURING THE MONTH OF OCTOBER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ehcalum

Bob,

I sports photography and might be able to give you some ideas and suggestions.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Ehcalum (sorry, I don't know your first name), But Yes, yes, yes I would love to hear any suggestions you have--I will move this to a different string and provide a brief discription of what I am trying to do. I don't want to hijack this particular string so I will start a new one titled "Youth Sports Photography"

Thanks,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams
    Now---The real story for me and as I said before, My stuff just isn't that good.

You have got to be kidding, right!? When I look at your site, I see a pro site with pro photography! I have idolized your site since you were first starting it up and it just keeps getting better!

It is funny though how you mentioned that the pros have one specific genre ...I was just talking about a week ago to someone in a PM about having that same opinion. I think you are dead on with that theory! Which I findto be my problem also.

One of the problems I'v encountered when searching for your site on google, Bob is there are alarge number of photographers out there with the name Bob (or Robert) Williams! I guess that is a prettty tough one to fix though!

When I get a chance, I want to figure out how I can put portraits on my site to display but make it so people cannot buy them. Not that anyone would want to but I just want to be able to display them as part of my portfolio. I have some pretty decent ones that I have taken of my granddaughter but I would first have to get my daughter to sign a release!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams
    but whenwe look atour "collections" as a whole, they are filled with mediocre shots, family shots, pet shots, and shots of what we like, but not necessarily"Just thesellable shots".
    Hey, I'm hoping my pet shots will be very sellable!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    It is funny though how you mentioned that the pros have one specific genre ...I was just talking about a week ago to someone in a PM about having that same opinion. I think you are dead on with that theory! Which I findto be my problem also.

Yeah, My creditors or more specifically thier creditors--tell me the same thing. But that brings up a solid point: Do people search for specific photographers or do they search for photo subject matter? I am not sure?

When I get a chance, I want to figure out how I can put portraits on my site to display but make it so people cannot buy them.

Go to your "edit view" select your gallery, then look on the right hand side and edit"printordering" select "do not allowprint ordering"---that should do it, let me know how it works.

Hey, I'm hoping my pet shots will be very sellable!

I forgot where I read it at but I recall hearing that "pet photographs" sell better than exotic wildlife. When you think about it, you see alot more dog and cat pics on calendars and greeting cards, than you see lions, tigers and bears---- After I heard that, It just makes sense, so don't give up on those puppy pics.

Bob