Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canon's rebate on the 580EXII bums me out!

Re: Canon's rebate on the 580EXII bums me out!

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots
    Does anyone think a 425.00 final bid would be worth it?

Bryan, in one word "No". I can give you five reputable dealers -- including Canon Direct -- who will ship it to you for a mere 6% more. I realize the $449 new rebate price stings, but it comes with a warranty as well as a possibility to return it to any of the Canon dealers I would recommend. Even though the one on ebay is "<span style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" class="Apple-style-span"]<b style="text-decoration: underline;"]BRAND NEW 100% excellent condition"[/b] it comes with a no warranty/no return policy. If it were not as advertised, and we all know that never happens on fleabay[:O] the shipping to the nearest repair center would eat up most of your 6% savings. In addition the seller has stated his/her intention to ride the bids until the end.

FWIW, I would need a significantly lower price -- like at least $100 off (most likely more) -- and a return option if it turns out to not be "<span style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" class="Apple-style-span"]<b style="text-decoration: underline;"]BRAND NEW 100% excellent condition"[/b] to even consider it. Let someone less knowledgeable than you end up with this one.

Chris

It just became a no-brain-er. Tonight Bryan posted a BUYDIG coupon in the news section for $429.99 for the EX580 II and one for the EX430 II as well.

http://the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=1092&amp;Title=Canon-580EX-II-and-430EX-II-Speedlite-Flash-Deals

OK just got this and I went to the buydig site and found the flash page that you posted Chris and its saying 449.00 did I miss it already?

update: I finally figured out that I had to enter the code to get the rebate and that it was not a direct link to the rebated item. If this all works out then this was a nice find. Thank you for noticing it and relaying the info Chris. Man that's a nice chuck of money that I wish I could have spent somewhere else but that's my life story. Once business starts up again if it ever does I need to get my equipment insurance back.

I just noticed it before I posted -- it was added in the last couple of hours. I think you need to add it to you cart and begin to check out. In the lower right side of the cart, before the recommended accessories is a place to enter coupon codes. Enter "CN580EX" and that should take off the $20. I did not try it as it may be a limited use and I did not want to burn it out.

You must have been trying it to as I was researching it. I hope it
    works for you. If so, it gets you $40 off instead of only $20. I know the feeling on the spending. I was
    like that Sunday when I ordered the 70-300mm f/4-5.6L. I am very glad
    now that I did. I ordered it from BUYDIG, within an hour of the $1419 to
    $1499 update. They do ship fast, I ordered it Sunday, it went out
    Monday and is on schedule to be here Wednesday. You should have your
    flash by the weekend.

I pulled the trigger and got it. The final price was 429.00 instead of 449.00. Did I miss another 20 dollars off somewhere? Is Buydig a good place to buy from? Never dealt with them before. I guess if this site's owner listed the Buydig site on his site then he believes in them. I expect to never have any issues with the 580 II as my old unit had a huge amount of use on it since getting it at the very end of 2006 up til July 2011. Hopefully my old flash will now give out on the new owner. I'm pretty sure that this buydig code was going to be the best deal going so I acted fast. Thank you again for the heads up!

I am glad to hear that it worked for you.

The final price was 429.00 instead of 449.00. Did I miss another 20 dollars somewhere

No, I messed up, I lost track that the new rebate price was $30 more, not $20. I meant you got the price where it would have been before the post rebate increase. I hope this makes sense, you got it for the $429 it should have cost you with a $50 rebate say last week. In addition, I think you are correct, this is is good as it will get price wise for a new unit.

Is Buydig a good place to buy from?

I have been a customer for two years and they have always been good to deal with. I have never had to call, I order on line and it bills and ships fast. Often they have the best price on memory. It may sound odd, but they have another site, Beach Camera and I check both because sometimes one will have a better price on the same item. I am not sure why, it may have to do with how you get forwarded to them. I just know they are the same as far as shipping and service so I buy from both based on price. For example, last month the BUYDIG storefront was selling the SanDisk ExteremPro 32GB 90MB/s cards for $10 less that the Beach Camera storefront and less than anyone else.

Hopefully my old flash will break on the new owner very shortly.

That would be Karma!

Yep a am a new owner but with my luck there's a brand new 580EX III right around the corner with major updates.

On the bright side, if they do come out with a 580EX III, it will cost $100-$150 more, so you saved yourself some cash.

Also, it looks like you have the same luck as I do. In fall 2001, I picked up a new high-end PC on a Saturday. On Monday, the very next business day, I saw the press releases for AMD's newer line of Athlon FX CPUs, which unlike their previous Athlons finally supported SSE, and nVidia announced that they have bumped up the graphics power a bit with the new GeForce 3 Ti500.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

I pulled the trigger and got it. The final price was 429.00 instead of 449.00. Did I miss another 20 dollars off somewhere? Is Buydig a good place to buy from? Never dealt with them before. I guess if this site's owner listed the Buydig site on his site then he believes in them. I expect to never have any issues with the 580 II as my old unit had a huge amount of use on it since getting it at the very end of 2006 up til July 2011. Hopefully my old flash will now give out on the new owner. I'm pretty sure that this buydig code was going to be the best deal going so I acted fast. Thank you again for the heads up!

Marketing is frustrating, good deals are usually just made to appear good deals and makeus feel good so we buy.But $429 isn't to bad.

But on the other side, if you couldlet me know when and where you are going to shoot next that would be great. Iwouldn't mind finding a 580ex on tree stump. [:P]