Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Train

Alan

Re: Train

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams

Question: Will any of the filters help with the haze?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Bob, I'll post a rendition later.

Filters rarely help with removal of haze, in my experience. Your best bet is to increase the contrast. Setting the white and black points will do wonders on haze removal, too.

bob, i love this shot! i did a quick color balance using NIK software color efx pro to take out some of that blue/cyan hue in the foreground.

EDITED POST:Bob, i tried the auto color that shea design suggested and got some good results and did some minor curves adjustments for contrast which brought your image to much the same as my original post as well as Alan's edited image. I think the curves adjustment might be the antidote to your haze question. Maybe Shea or Alan can suggest other options.
    <div></div>

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.03/Narrow_2D00_Gauge_2D00_Rail_2D00_Silverton_2D00_Co-copy.jpg[/img]

Alan

Todd, you're good. Very good. You beat me to the punch. Not knowing exactly what Bob saw, I didn't change a whole lot in the green trees, in the background.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.34/Narrow_2D00_Gauge_2D00_Rail_2D00_Silverton_2D00_Co-2.jpg[/img]

Thanks for all of your comments and feedback. Sorry, It me so long to get back to you. Anyway---This is why I love this site; everyone sees something different---but....after reading the comments and looking at the revisions, I was surprised that no one mentioned the blown out spot at the top right of the photo. I have looked at and adjusted this shot many times and never noticed it--thanks to this site I finally did.

Alan and Todd, thanks fortaking a shot at this---I like both a lot. Alan did a great job of neutralizing the haze, But I think that Todd got the green trees without turning the rocks green---Now I have to go back and see if I can do both.

Thanks for the comments,

Bob

Bob