Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mods to the Website: Let me know what you think

Re: Mods to the Website: Let me know what you think

I love the changes you made, Bob! Your new photos are fantastic and other than the few things that peety pointed out ...all looks really good to me! Pro-quality looking photos and site should render you with some pretty good sales! Good Luck!!

Denise

Bob, I like the changes you have made, some new added pictures look very nice!, can you add music when doing slid show?

I meant it in constructive way, the photos are already great. As the website is great the pictures are great and all you need is to improve them even further. Never stop improving and allways critique yourself to the max! Thats how Juza, Ondrej Prosicky, Aurthur Moris, Brutus Ostling, Nate [] and others got there.

Cheers,

John.

Okay no worries... it

Sure, no worries.

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

Thanks for the detailed look Peety, Its appreciated.

For better or worse, it's what I do well (aside from my day job). I find the little things, the big things, and everything in between. At my last job, the owner asked me to read a two-page document "for flow", and I found all sorts of errors, including a misspelling of an employee's name (first name AND a change of last name due to marriage). I was the fifth person to read the document, in a company of 50 employees...
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass

I meant it in constructive way, the photos are already great. As the website is great the pictures are great and all you need is to improve them even further. Never stop improving and allways critique yourself to the max! Thats how Juza, Ondrej Prosicky, Aurthur Moris, Brutus Ostling, Nate [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] and others got there.

Cheers,

John.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I concur, We are never as good as we would like to be---so, to those ends---Keep shooting, and keep getting better.

Thanks Again,

Bob
    Bob

Bob,

You have some excellent shots in your portfolio, and the layout of your site shows them to good effect. I like it.

Like Peety3, I have an eye for the small details. I noticed that images 9 and 15 in the New Arrivals gallery are duplicates. In the Birds Gallery, "Egrit" should be "Egret".

Many of the images use the file name as a caption, which I didn't like. I'd prefer if you used descriptive captions or left them blank.

Several of the images are very similar. Whilst they are all excellent, I think the collection would look stronger if you pick the best one where you have several shots of the same subject with the same background.

Thanks for inviting us to look, it brightened up a very dull day here.
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-12-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Andy, Thanks for the very detailed look-see. I have made the corrections and changes that you, Peety and others suggested--Just one thing: Its very difficult to name all shots---so, some of the shots have less than imaginitive names---But, with your suggestions, I think it looks much better.

Thanks again for your assistance and keep the comments coming. You guys have been so helpful---Now all I have to do is get some more ----and better shots on the site.

The good news is, The wife and I have rented a beach house on the outer banks of South Carolina this summer, so lots of opportunity for new material---Different Birds---yeah.

Bob
    Bob

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

I don