Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony Alpha 850 - The $1999 Full Frame

Re: Sony Alpha 850 - The $1999 Full Frame

LOL........No, that's when "Digital" Photography began.

It's the Commodore 64 of FF digital cameras!!..........[Y]

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee

That would have been the 7D. But Canon has decided (we'll know for sure Teusday) to go APS-C for this new 7D body.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I think Canon is head to head with Nikon now in the consumer/prosumer categrey. The 7D seems to be the D300s killer, and it seems to do the job fine according to the rumors.

Canon XS -- Nikon D3000

Canon T1i -- Nikon D5000

Canon 50D -- Nikon D90

Canon 7D -- Nikon D300s

So now my wish goes to the next 5D model, it's better to have a more capable AF and faster speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by crosbyharbison

"So, what about the A850?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I'd like to see another price drop on the FF cameras so they become more affordable. I don't care who makes the leap first, but I'm happy to see that everyone has a FF camera in hand one day. Personally I'm not interested in a very low end FF camera for relatively cheap price (regardless brand). What I want is a reasonably priced FF camera which does not leave too many disappointments! I'd like to buy a 5D (MKIII) with better AF and faster responding speed. I'd like to buy a 1D IV if it's FF and it has really low noise and lightning fast speed. If I'm looking at the 7D I'll probably end up with the 50D instead and I'm not buying a 1Ds for over $8000.

That is just me.

Keep in mind that the Sony-branded Zeiss glass is crazy expensive, compared to similar Canon L lenses...

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    Keep in mind that the Sony-branded Zeiss glass is crazy expensive, compared to similar Canon L lenses...

Most of Sony's glass is more expensive than the Canon equivalents. Maybe that is why they can sell the Alpha 850 so cheaply--they'll recover what they lost by selling the Alpha 850 buyer a bunch of lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee

LOL........No, that's when "Digital" Photography began.

It's the Commodore 64 of FF digital cameras!!..........
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Geez guys! My 5D is my state of the art technology! I can't afford to get modern, so just let me feel like I am!