Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Family Photos

Re: The Family Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Oren

Quote Originally Posted by alex

My wifealso doesn't like that she can't see the pictures very easily until I convert them to jpeg.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

She can - she just need to open DPP and it's all there.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Sorry, should have added: She has a Macbook, and DPP is only installed on my HP desktop downstairs. Yes, I have told her that she can just go downstairs and look at my computer, but hey, what are you gonna do.
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

Jorundr-Jorgensen....what's the big deal? Consider yourself lucky she's interested in all the photos you produce. My wife becomes bored after about a 1/2 dozen or so....I now only show her what I consider my best shots from a shoot and limit that number to the 1/2 dozen.

Next time burn a disk and give it to her....

Here's a theory that's become an axiom in our house after 24 years....If she's (he's) happy, I'm happy. It's amazing how much tension this has blocked over the years....of course this axiom doesn't work if you're going to be a "stubborn hardhead"....you need to step back and be flexible.

Good luck

Their standard is always lower than ours, I'd show them everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorundr-Jorgensen
    I had a little arguement with my wife about a photography subject and now I'm really wondering if I'm being a idiot or not...
    We're the one stop shop for photography advice and marriage counseling.

Now am I being a stuborn hardhead because I don't want to show those people blurry/overexposed ect photos or not?
    Not at all. It absolutely kills me to keep bad photos around. It's torture. I feel like they should die a quick death with the strike of a delete button. Keeping even the medium-well, so-so, and middling photos causes me angst. But when it comes to family photos, I know my wife will want to keep everything.

This is one of those things where one of you has to demonstrate sacrificial love. Either you torture yourself by letting the bad photos live, or she tortures herself by letting them die. I think it should be you.

Jorundr-Jorgensen,

I have the opposite problem. My wife frowns at me if I try to keep all the pictures. Maybe it's because she's and engineer ;-)

David

"What Mama don't know won't hurt her"

I started out on the Oh my I can't delete that, it might be useful kick, but the pendulum has slowly moved me more &amp; more to the delete key as i've shot more &amp; more photos the last few years.

I guess I'm lucky that my family pretty well trusts me to cull the bads &amp; leave the "keepers."

Good luck earning that.... some people just don't trust others or want to experience it ALL. I agree w/ the above to let the yoursignificantother keep them on her computer, if possible.

Hey people,

I've got to ask about you're opinion about something. I had a little arguement with my wife about a photography subject and now I'm really wondering if I'm being a idiot or not...
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

My wife and I are cracking up reading this! I can't tell you how many times I have been told, "Don't delete ANYTHING until I see all of your pictures!" I ALWAYS tell her to let me weed out the bads and then you can see but she can be very persistent If she REALLY wants me to keep a shot that I don't approve of I'll often let her have her way but she has proven to be very accepting of my NEED to delete pictures that I don't feel are up to snuff.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

We're the one stop shop for photography advice and marriage counseling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Not at all. It absolutely kills me to keep bad photos around. It's torture. I feel like they should die a quick death with the strike of a delete button. Keeping even the medium-well, so-so, and middling photos causes me angst. But when it comes to family photos, I know my wife will want to keep everything.

This is one of those things where one of you has to demonstrate sacrificial love. Either you torture yourself by letting the bad photos live, or she tortures herself by letting them die. I think it should be you.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Hilarious!!!

I agree with your decision, only show the "good" photos dump the rest. You are the pro, give'em the professional results.

That's the problem with DSLRs. Even the bad ones look good.......

...........to the rest of the world. []

Peace first, then justice.

Don't worry, just go round a couple of times on your Canon. (0-9999) The number of real keepers will drop. Trust me.