So I have decided that I am probably going to sell my motorcycle (1995 Honda Magna) and use that cash for camera gear. I will probably get $2500-3000 and I am planning on long term getting a nice wide angle lens (I have the cheap kit lens and the 70-200 f/4 IS) and a new body (have the XTi). I am thinking I will get the lens first and maybe wait on the body as lenses don't depreciate as quickly as bodies (the longer I wait on the body, the cheaper it gets).

My general dillema is that I am considering the 50D (new) and the 5D Mark I (used). Which I end up getting determines which lens I would buy now considering the sensor size difference. So which would you get. This is for general all-around photography--I like to shoot people, animals, landscapes, mundane objects...you name it.

I like the smaller DLA of the 5D and the full frame sensor and I am not feeling very picky about number of pixels--12.8 and 15.1 are pretty even to me. I like the frame rate of the 50D better, but would only use it <1% of the time (I don't do a lot of sports and action). I know there are a lot of other features that the 50D has because it is newer (liveview?). Just wonder about people's thoughts. Anyone use both of these bodies? Thanks for the input.