Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Hello, my name is John, and I'm an L-coholic."

Re: "Hello, my name is John, and I'm an L-coholic."

Just ordered theCanon EF 85mm f/1.2<span style="color: #ff0000;"] L II. Up next, the Canon EF 35mm f/1.4<span style="color: #ff0000;"] L<span style="color: #000000;"].

Fellow shooters (?), perhaps you can heal me, I

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    <span style="COLOR: #ff0000"]<span style="COLOR: #000000"]and, because I just knew it would end up in my kit eventually, I also ordered theEF 135mm f/2<span style="COLOR: #ff0000"]L<span style="color: #ff0000;"] <span style="COLOR: #ff0000"]<span style="color: #000000;"]for good measure

[] Ok....at least it is an entirely different focal length.With all your discussion between the 35L and the 24L II, I thought you were just going to end up ordering both.

There is still hope for you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72

<span style="color: #ff0000;"]<span style="color: #000000;"]and, because I just knew it would end up in my kit eventually, I also ordered theEF 135mm f/2<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L<span style="color: #ff0000;"] <span style="color: #ff0000;"]<span style="color: #000000;"]for good measure

[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] Ok....at least it is an entirely different focal length.With all your discussion between the 35L and the 24L II, I thought you were just going to end up ordering both.

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72

<span style="color: #ff0000;"]<span style="color: #000000;"]and, because I just knew it would end up in my kit eventually, I also ordered theEF 135mm f/2<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L<span style="color: #ff0000;"] <span style="color: #ff0000;"]<span style="color: #000000;"]for good measure

[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] Ok....at least it is an entirely different focal length.With all your discussion between the 35L and the 24L II, I thought you were just going to end up ordering both.

If he wanted to omit the 24-105mm f/4 and add the 24mm L iI to his already 135mm L he could do so,and also help a struggling "<span style="color: #993300;"]<span style="background-color: #ffffff; color: #993300;"]L"addict by ebaying it, furthermore if he added the 14mm L iI he could most likely help another unfortunate sufferer while covering many focal lengths! do i sense total primes John, or are my senses in need of dire sharpening?

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Congrats, John! Wise decision on the 35L! We'll be able to compare micro-adjustments on the 135L!

When you run out of L lenses to buy ...you can always buy me one to continue feeding your addiction, I won't mind!

Denise

[B] Here,here, I second that motion madame has moved forward!

<span class="field-item-description"] "I've just ordered the EF 35mm f/1.4<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L<span style="color: #000000;"] This is terrific now I can learn from you, and Denise on how to use this fantastic lens! I hope you intend to use hand held a lot, since that is the method I use mostly!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

<span style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff0000"]<span style="background-color: #ffffff;"]<span style="COLOR: #000000"]<span style="color: #ff0000;"]<span style="COLOR: #000000"]Oh, one more thing, (Columbo moment) how do you justify/hide this addiction with/from those that love you? Being in an older age group, I have tried the <span style="color: #ff0000;"]L<span style="COLOR: #000000"] glass is cheaper than plastic surgery line and that just bought me a hole heap of heartache.(I didn't think that one through)Seriously John, tell us your secret.

Well, It seems to be perfectly acceptable,to many spouses, friends and family, for a middle agedperson to go out and drop $30K on a Harley Davidson, Yet none of them understand whywe would wantto spend large sums of money on a camera or lens so, I just tell them----"Cameras aremy Harley Davidson"---at that point, they seem to understand. I also tell them that when I reach $30k in valueit will be time to trade up---That's when they start frowning.

And to borrow a phrase from our Harley enthusiests: "If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't undertstand anyway"

So, just keep stroken those checks.

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams
    I also tell them that when I reach $30k in valueit will be time to trade up

Bob, what do we upgrade to? Hasselblad Medium Format? Is $30K the moment we have a moment of clarity and see the next level?

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

I also tell them that when I reach $30k in valueit will be time to trade up

Bob, what do we upgrade to? Hasselblad Medium Format? Is $30K the moment we have a moment of clarity and see the next level?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Nah, But there will always be another body, another lens, more lighting equipment etc.---Or perhaps the funding to go somewhere to take pictures.
    Bob

Or perhaps the funding to go somewhere to take pictures.

I like that option.
    Mark