Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macro Lens - What separates them from others?

Re: Macro Lens - What separates them from others?

Thanks, Jon .... and anyone else whoadded something

I know its expensive, but i bought a used 180mm f3.5 from a guy who used it twice! I got it %25 of even EBAY prices. Its one of the best lens ive ever used. Its so sharp you could cut yourself with it. Colours and tones are top draw and the bokeh is as creamy as a creamy thing in a cream contest. I can aslo stand of the subject more. Oh and a friend suggested capturing the insects and cooling them in a refridgerator. Shows what i know. Worth every penny and more.

Mick

p.s you can also drop it and it just bounces. As i found out. Tough as the wifes steak

Quote Originally Posted by Micktheexbiker
    p.s you can also drop it and it just bounces. As i found out. Tough as the wifes steak

You should try beef.

Congrats on the lens. I've been tempted by the lens for a long time and so far resisted. But
    I'd probably jump on the deal you got. Post pics if you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Micktheexbiker

I dropped mine, attached to my 30D. The quick release, released... quickly, from the tripod I had slung over my shoulder...

I wouldn't do it again by choice, but it held together pretty well.

I love the lens. Working distance is nice. I sometimes like to play with the extreme opposite, the 35mm with an extension tube, but you need to be SO close that it's pretty prohibitive.