Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wide angle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: wide angle

Quote Originally Posted by varok
    I'd recommend the Tokina 12-24 f/4. Very sharp, costs less than the 10-22 and is built like a tank.

I did consider the Tokina too. But, the difference between 10mm and 12mm is actually not trivial. Look here for a nice comparison (top of page 2). So, in the end, I opted for the wider lens...

Tony

can anyone tell me how to send private message?

and how to post pictures?

thank you Tony for the pictures, now i understand what can be wrong with a lens. i have to check my 17-85 now.....

Katy the 10-22 is a great lens and with the ultra wides a tripod should not be anissue unless shooting at night...IE long exposure

I have found this thread (and website for that matter)VERY helpful. I just purchased my Canon 40D and am looking for a wide angle lens for landscapes as I am going to New Zealand next month and want to take some pix of the scenery w/o a tripod. I am a beginner but will invest in a good lens if I will be able to learn and grow with it. I was looking into the Canon 10-22 but am a bit concerned for the $$ and no tripod it would not be a good fit.

Thoughts??

Thanks much in advance!