Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 L II USM Lens too wide for FF?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    I have only ever known of one person to get rid of their 21mm and he sold it to buy the 35, but we all remember who that was.
    We saw a noticeable increase in the quality of his pictures with those two lenses. Of course he had upgraded from a 5D to a 5D II body as well. His pictures and the amount of improvement he had with the 21mm is one reason I keep thinking I still want it.

The only negative I read about the 21mm is the distortion. For a landscape lens I would most likely not notice.
    The 35mm I have seen many complaints about color fringing. Do you see any noticeable problems with color with the 35mm?

There is some there, but I still don't know the difference between longitudinal and lateral and the feel of both of these lenses when you use them and the colours they produce really make me happy.
    The shot below was probably a fluke, but it is @35mm f5.6 1/20sec ISO100 and was handheld in my front yard.
    [img]
    Daylily_1a by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]

I love them both and they encourage me to shoot more often.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6501714257_5a777a10b0_o.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	240  
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

The thumbnail above is from FM, not my shot, but from the 21mm, I decided not to include it, but then couldn't work out how not to. So you get to see it anyway.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Hmmm, I was trying to figure out where that was, looks like Norway.
    speaking of zeiss 21mm, just saw one on ebay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160699816969 (nikon mount, so need another $10 adapter)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos