Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new Canon 7D firmware has been released

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Damn, so now that my 7D is useful again, how am I going to stop my CDs from falling over?
    What is a CD? Is that like an Eight track?

5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    What is a CD? Is that like an Eight track?

Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    I don't have a 7D yet, but I just updated firmware on my 550D. Despite meticulously following directions over and over I kept running into problems. Until I switched SD cards
    my Duracell ProLine 64GB SDXC Class 10 Card would not let me upgrade... but my Panasonic 8GB Class 4 SDHC would.
    Interesting! I have a specific CF card I use for firmware updates, although I don't really know why - probably because the card is pretty useless otherwise. It was the first one I bought after getting my 7D...I ordered the 7D from Amazon with a pair of 8 GB Extreme Pro 60 MB/s cards, but the camera came first, so I stopped by a local shop and bought a 2 GB Ultra II so I could take pictures immediately. But...I've never had any issues with a firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Love the max ISO! Very cool firmware update! Only thing I don't get is why under the RAW image processing am I not able to do anything with the Peripheral illumin. correction, the distortion correction or the Chromatic aberration correction. All 3 say Disable. How do you use these features?
    Denise you need to register the lens in the camera with the new EOS Utility to use the functions in question.

You should download the new Revised 7D 2.0 Manual from 06/28/2012 in the link below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum...uresAndManuals

Image Raw Processing is from pg 192-196. Your question is on pg.196

Rich

Thank you, Rich!

Updating right now. I just did a quick test of the RAW buffer depth before the update (V1.2.2) and I'll let you know how much better it is with V2.0.0

Done and it went fine. First thing I did was to set the auto ISO limit to 1600 and, as I said above, I tested the new burst depth.

I shot a clock in manual, 1/100, f/2.8 and ISO 100. This was the max aperture of the lens and I was in MF.
    V 1.2.2: between 23 and 25 shoots in 3 secs
    V 2.0.0: between 31 and 32 shoots in 4 secs

=> It works!!

I know some will say you just got one sec more but this second matters when, like me, you tend to start just a bit early

I got the same last night. 32 shots in 4 seconds. Then a brief pause and more shots.
    Mark - Flickr

Done it, no problems, but haven't played with any of the new functionality yet.
    Bob