Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use the Canon Transmitter ST-E2

Re: Anyone use the Canon Transmitter ST-E2

Another option for you is getting a FlashWave radio trigger. I shoot mostly on manual though.

Actually the Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2has nothing the [url="http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-580EX-II-Speedlite-Flash-Review.aspx]Canon Speedlite 580EX II[/url]doesn't. It's only advantage is it's much smaller, lighter and cheaper.

[quote=<span style="color: #003399;"]Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 Review]

The ST-E2 controls only 2 channels (A and B) while the 550EX and 580EX flashes will control 3 channels (A, B and C).

------------------------------------------

The 550EX and 580EX master flashes can enable FEB (Flash Exposure Bracketing) and allow manual flash output to be controlled by the master - Two capabilities not found in the Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2.

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    [/quote]

I wanted a cheap way to get into off camera flash photography and theST-E2 serves my needs well, for now. If however, you have the moneyand feel confident that offcamera flash photography is for you,a different route might be in order.
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Can you have 2 Pocket Wizards, one on camera and one on a 580II, and set the 580II with the PW to master and have it fire the other flashes?

Seams like you may be able to set the 580II to master since the PW is the slave. I don't know.