Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AF Micro Adjust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: AF Micro Adjust

Bob

I concider mine good if the fine detail around the eye is really detailed and sharp.

That said your not going to get it every time. The spot sensor covers a much bigger portion of the bird.

I see a little blur around the eyes but I am not looking on the home monitor and some detail may be lost in the posting. You probably can judge it better on your monitor.

A movement of 8 or 10 the bird should be oof.

When I first did my7d I thought it was way off, I ended up with a plus one

<span style="font-size: small;"]Thanks John and Rick,

<span style="font-size: small;"]Bob, I agree with you that their bodies do look sharper than their eyes. The eye looks prety good in the last one, nice photos by the way!

<span style="font-size: small;"]Ok.., I have 8 lenses (3 of which are zooms), 3 bodies, and 2 extenders. So.., that sounds like a lot of different combinations.

<span style="font-size: small;"]Perhaps someone will figure out how many combinations that is, and how long it's going to take me. [*-)]

<span style="font-size: small;"]Rich

Are the little boxes on the 1d series smaller than the 7d or are there just more of them to select? In other words, is the 7d spot focus similar in size to the 1d series regular focus square?
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

OK, After a few shots in the backyard this evening, I think my adjustments were near to close, and my technique was off on the previous shots. I started out with my previous adjustments of +6 and paid close attention to focusing on the eye---These shots were a little better than those without adjustment.

The following were with AF adjustments at +6, No post processing was done on any of these shots other than export from Lightroom to Jpeg

100% crop @ +6

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/7345.IMG_5F00_3322.jpg[/img]

Full frame @+6

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/5460.IMG_5F00_3323.jpg[/img]

100% @+6

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/6153.IMG_5F00_3339.jpg[/img]

full frame @+6

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/2475.IMG_5F00_3340.jpg[/img]

Full Frame @+6

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/6138.IMG_5F00_3375.jpg[/img]

100% Crop @+6

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/6470.IMG_5F00_3376.jpg[/img]

Full Frame No Adjustment

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/7318.IMG_5F00_3459.jpg[/img]

100% Crop No Adjustment

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/7563.IMG_5F00_3460.jpg[/img]

100% Crop No Adjustment

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/2627.IMG_5F00_3464.jpg[/img]

Full Frame No Adjustment

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/2248.IMG_5F00_3465.jpg[/img]

based on these shots and my opinion, it looks like the AF microadjustment of + 6 is pretty close. Please feel free offer your opinion

Thanks

Bob

Bob