Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Its a shame...

Re: Its a shame...

I like the changes. I think it
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots
    Major disappointment for me when this site started covering Nikon gear and I just have to share that.

That's no big deal, if you don't click on the links it dosn't bother you in the least.

I don't care two flips about Nikon gear and I'll never own one.

Well that just you, honestly I like alot of Nikon's gear and would be very tempted to get Nikon gearif it weren't for all my lenses.

There are tons of other Nikon specific sites so Its just over kill to have another!

None of the other sites are NEARLY as good or comprehensive as Bryans.

John.

Personally, I like the site
    Bob

Good Day Everyone:

The bottom line is that some people do not like or do not do as well as other people in any given subject. Today in this thread the subject is change. Feelanceshots is neither more wrong or more correct than Danial Browning. Danial is neither more wrong or more correct than freelanceshots They are just different points of view of the same subject. To often in forums we tend to write our reactions more strongly than what we may do if we were in a face to face conversation. I know that I am guilty of that at times when I really don't mean to be, but it happens. Especially if I only know the person through this infernal contraption where our conversations are so much less personal than before this technology became part of our everyday lives.

Some people just don't like change. For what ever reason they are like that have been since they were little children and in some cases it can be are related. Throughout my life time I have seen that time and again as family and friends grow older some time it gets harder for them to understand what it new and trying to adapt to it brings about stress. Which I'm sure they and all of us would like to have less of. So if one person here of someplace else expresses a dislike for change try to be more patient with them. I will try and I hope others will also. I do know that my adult children & I have some pretty interesting discussions over new and changing things in our world and it is often as hard for them to understand what life was like before they were here and what value it had and still has, just as I don't see or I probably don't want to see the of many of the new technologies in our everyday lives. I bet most of if not all of the folks that are members here have cell phones and can't understand how they ever got along without one. I know my son says he can't live without a cell. Conversely he can't begin to fathom how I live and run a business with out one, not only don't I not have one when they got one for me I threw it in the trash. Don't want it in my life, I don't need it.

I will say in this forum I find the spell check to be a real pain in the back side. I used to be able to right click on it and I could get suggestions for the correct spelling of a word. Now I have to go click on a button, that is just so unnecessary. But I'll bet that most of you here don't find it a problem. I' don't care for Nikon cameras and don't bother reading their reviews, however I do have a Nikon scope on my 30-06. Hard to figure and that is life.

So when someone expresses a view different that you try to be understanding and less harsh, I'll try also, because you just never know who had their corn flakes pooped on that morning and we don't need to make it worse for them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or us.

Godspeed

Wayne

What makes the forum and the site valuable to me are the information and the people (Bryan and the members). The interface is just a tool, much like a camera.

I view the inclusion of Nikon information as a good thing, not some kind of contamination. There

It is ok to have opinions on this board as long as they match the ones of the few almighty.

I didn't realize that there were Nikon reviews here. I just see links that direct where to buy the gear.

I

I guess I'm one of those that does not embrace change on certain things. I like change when it means updates to the cameras as I'm sure we all do. I'm just confused with the new look and interface where I like the older versions and I though I'd just bring this up. I'm stuck in between the older generation of folks and the newer generation of youngsters. I've never used a phone to text someone where I will never have a phone with a little bitty screen that uses internet. It just makes no sense where it drives me crazy when my niece, nephew, and even my 40 plus year old sister type on their phones during dinner or most recently when my mother was in the emergency room and we where all sitting around trying to comfort her.

<span class="field-item-description"]"Someone who makes valuable contributions to the forum would be missed a lot if they left." -Daniel Browning-

<span class="field-item-description"]Awww....thats nice to say....thanks for that thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen

I'm married to Canon and forever belonged to Canon, I lust after Nikon and once in a while have an affair...just a fling here and there with Nikon and her exotic lenses, but at the end of the day I always come home to Canon though LOL . and Bryan just made it more diffcult for me to be faithful by adding Nikon reviews. Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool, loving both of you...beaking all the rules!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

[]

Lucky you. I'm married to my *wife*.

(Um, just kidding sweetie, in case you're secretly reading this forum)