Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Me and my shadow(s)

Re: Me and my shadow(s)

Where are you from that these roads seem so huge? Somewhere in Europe?

Most were shot with a 100mm Macro lens as I was really out shooting plants and insects and stuff but decided to try some video. I think I had it at ISO100, f4.0 for the wider stuff and 2.8 for the rack focuses and 1/125. I also had a polarizing filter on. And yeah everything was manual focus. Its the only way to go in video []

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

This is actually the first GBH I've seen in person - although I've seen some great images of GBHs on the ground and in the air,I've come to the conclusion that from certain angles while in flight, they look downright funky! [img]/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]

Awesome shots, John! I see a number of GBH's on my way to work every morning and even though I have my gear with me, I never have enough time to stop. So, last Saturday I drove out there (about an hour from home) at the same time that I see them every morning but of course ...they were nowhere to be found! [:@]

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I see a number of GBH's on my way to work every morning and even though I have my gear with me, I never have enough time to stop. So, last Saturday I drove out there (about an hour from home) at the same time that I see them every morning but of course ...they were nowhere to be found! [img]/emoticons/emotion-12.gif[/img]

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Obviously. You can't expect them to be there when you have time. It's just not the way life works [:P]

Thanks, Denise! I'm not (yet) in the habit of taking my camera to work with me daily...but I'm considering it!

Quote Originally Posted by mikehillman89
    Where are you from that these roads seem so huge? Somewhere in Europe?

Yup the Netherlands, here we drive with two cars aside on the same size of lanes [:P] I do have to say it looks very nice and tidy [Y]

I tried some video yesterday...dang...I was not pleased at all [:P] I guess it's just not my thing. Perhaps I'll try it out with some friends (videographers) later on this year.

Woop Woop!! I just figured out, I'll be making a roadtrip to Denmark and Sweden this weekend, so I have to get my custom menu's ready!! []

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

Yup the Netherlands, here we drive with two cars aside on the same size of lanes [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img] I do have to say it looks very nice and tidy [img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

I tried some video yesterday...dang...I was not pleased at all [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img] I guess it's just not my thing. Perhaps I'll try it out with some friends (videographers) later on this year.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

We're hogs over here. Everyone's gotta have the huge gas guzzling SUVs... sigh

Just practice[] you'll get better! And if you like it, invest in a Zacuto viewfinder. They help to stabilize and make the lcd look a lot better.

And jealous much! I really want to visit Denmark and Sweden!