Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photoshop CS6 Beta--anyone done it yet???

I thought the final release will be mid-year, which is just close enough for me to wait. Most of my plugins won't work anyway.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Rub it in
    Well, I couldn't help it, still remembering having to suffer through the Packers losing during my visit to your place

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Well, I couldn't help it, still remembering having to suffer through the Packers losing during my visit to your place
    Believe me, you weren't suffering alone!

So, if I download the beta, my current CS5 extended and all my plugins will temporarily disappear? And my not work properly once the beta trial is over? As much as the new updates sound very promising ...I am not about to go for it at this point! I'm looking forward to hearing other peoples take on it that do take the leap though!

Well, I did do it, 1.7 gig worth and so far everything seems to be working ok---cs5, cs6 and Lightroom 4. But keep in mind that I don't have any plugins or presets in my cs5. I normally work in Lightroom and if that isn't enough then I "edit in cs5 (6)" from lightroom then save back into lightroom.

Anyway---Initial thoughts so far:

The good:

1. The dark gray user interface is outstanding. I love the look and feel of it.
    2. The content aware fill options are also really nice---you can now select the area that you fill from and you can actually move the the subject within the frame and CAF automatically fills the hole.
    3. Although the software load is still fairly slow, The performance enhancements, once the program is open, are very good. The lag in editing seems to be eliminated

The bad:

The one feature I was really interested in doesn't seem to be available in the Beta and possibly not even in the release version and that was the focus correction or "Reverse Beer Goggles"

Here is where I saw that feature discussed: http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-...adobe-max.html

Well, That's all I have managed to play with so far, I will explore more this weekend.
    Bob