For over a year I feel there's nothing from Canon that really fits my need perfectly. The following list explains my situation.
  • I want a 35mm f1.4 lens for low light shots and creative portrait. But the current 35/1.4L is due an update and its optical quality is not shiny comparing to the new 24L II.
  • I need a 50mm f1.4 standard prime. But the Canon 50/1.4 is not good enough, the 50/1.2L is over priced and not good enough, and the Sigma does not focus very well (seriously, I have given the Sigma a try, that shows how much i want a 50mm prime, but the focus let it down)
  • I need a 85mm prime which is faster than the 85/1.8, focuses as fast as the 85/1.8 and offers weather sealing and internal focusing. The current 85/1.2L II just won't do it all.
  • I need a fast FF camera which offer very low noise and very accurate/fast AF (digital equivalent to the 1V-HS both in speed and format), simply something similar to the Nikon D3s, but Canon made the 1D IV 1.3x...

See, if Canon perfects any of the above products (or I should say to make them the way I'd like them to be[]), I will have no resistance to buy one right away.

I don't know if anyone shares the same feel, maybe I'm just way too picky. Tell me what you think.