Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i want a 60D!!!

Re: i want a 60D!!!

thanks for swift the replies guys

i will of course be waiting until Bryan has reviewed the 60D before i
    buy anything - and i'm also willing to see what the prices of the
    550D/60D/7D will actually be, after things have settled down a bit.

of course AF microadjustment would be awesome on the
    60D - and i really do hope that Canon will listen to their customers,
    and add this feature via firmware! removing it from the 60D just seems
    plain dumb, as there is much more which differentiates the 60D form the
    7D

Sheiky, you're right about the Sigma 30mm 1.4... out of my lenses, that is the one which i notice focusing issues with

as
    for those of you who are suggesting i go for the 7D, i have no doubt
    that it is a superior camera to the 60D. however, some of it's extra
    features do not seem to be as important to me (as a 450D user), such as
    the 19 AF point system, pro weather sealing, 8fps shooting - especially
    when balanced with the increase in cost and size/weight. (although, i
    have yet to hold a 60D in my hands to compare the difference to the 7D)

It would be great if Canon would add AFMA as a firmware update to the 60D. I hope they do, but historically they don't have a good track record of adding features via firmware (e.g., the user-selectable max for Auto ISO that is offered on the T2i and 60D, and even on my S95, would be a great addition to the 7D, but no joy).

Quote Originally Posted by dbdb
    some of it's extra
    features do not seem to be as important to me (as a 450D user), such as
    the 19 AF point system, pro weather sealing, 8fps shooting - especially
    when balanced with the increase in cost

You mentioned, "BetterAF performance- especially for times i'm using AI Servo for action shots" - that's an area where the 7D truly excels (in part due to additional AF points, in part because other components of the AF system are also better).

You have one weather-sealed lens (the 24-105mm f/4L, and you need a filter on the front for full sealing). But, if you want to shoot in the rain, that's a great feature.

Ultimately, as you say you need to weigh the pros and cons. Actually holding a 60D should be a big part of that decision-making process...

Good luck!

--John

I doubt you will see AF microadjustment for the 60d with firmware. Marketing wise canon replaced the 50d with 2 cameras.

When the 50d came out there was no 7D. This is a quote from canon

Sheiky, you're right about the Sigma 30mm 1.4... out of my lenses, that is the one which i notice focusing issues with

If you have the opportunity to test micro-adjustment with your lens. I would strongly recommend you to try it out and see if you think it's a big deal or not.

as for those of you who are suggesting i go for the 7D, i have no doubt that it is a superior camera to the 60D. however, some of it's extra features do not seem to be as important to me (as a 450D user), such as the 19 AF point system, pro weather sealing, 8fps shooting - especially when balanced with the increase in cost and size/weight. (although, i have yet to hold a 60D in my hands to compare the difference to the 7D)

If you weren't keen on having the opportunity of video, I would also have mentioned the 50D over the 60D.

Anyway, I truly doubt there will be micro-adjustment in newer firmware. You have to buy an xD camera for that. That's how marketing will go. I would personally like 60fps on my 5D2...they have the ability to do so, but they still don't seem to listen to me []

Anyway trying both camera's and perhaps some more in a store is the best idea. It gives you the best view on what you want and what you don't want. Perpare yourself by reading reviews etc so you have a good background and you can make the most well thought off decisions. Good luck and enjoy your new camera when the time's there [Y]

i was in kuala lumpur on holiday last week, and got to try out a 60D in a store there. the ergonomics seem quite good for my hands actually, and the higher fps shooting and sound of the shutter was also nice!

i couldn't believe the price it was going for there though... 2,999 RM (body only). which means just £600 GBP to me!!! i was sooooo tempted to get it - despite not having read any decent reviews yet, but the fiancée said no... apparently we have more important things to be saving our money for =(

it's listed at around £870 (body only) back home here on amazon uk. if this is the kind of price that the 60D is gonna drop to, surely they are gonna fly off the shelves!!

We'll see how it all works out for you. Have fun in the meantime!

and sound of the shutter was also nice!

I remember me and my buddy photograhping together at some sportsevent and someone with a Sony DSLR came standing next to us and we were absolutely horrified by the noise it made. It sounded like a plastic coffeecup being crunched, that's how I look at Sony camera's from now on [:P]