Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon DSLR cameras of the future.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Canon DSLR cameras of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Friso

But what will be the next 'gadgets' on a dslr? GPS inside? Blue Tooth/Wi-Fi for wireless uploading to your pc/laptop and internetconnection?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I don't see GPS coming to a camera near you - it's too power-hungry, and it'd need good integration so you'd know if the GPS had a good signal &lt;now&gt; for the picture you're taking &lt;now&gt;.

I don't think Bluetooth has enough bandwidth for our imagery needs. I'm hesitant to think that WiFi would come to the camera natively, partially due to RF licensing and partially because they haven't made the WiFi units "easy" yet, so it'd be risky to put it in a mass-market product where the support nightmares would explode.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

What would be very handy and helpfull to have in a dlsr? A touchscreen? New materials for building a camera?

A 3D DSLR?To give more dimensions to your puctures?

Quote Originally Posted by Friso
    A 3D DSLR?To give more dimensions to your puctures?

I don't know how movie 3D cameras work, but don't you need two lenses or something? Maybe even 2 ccd's? Wouldn't that be a major expense?

A p&amp;s that takes 3D movies is something I could see happening soon (maybe they exist already)

Certainly GPS and wireless will be added, and will have many users as well as detractors.

Personally, I'd like to have wireless control of my camera rather than the 6 ft usb tether (yes, I have a long usb to networkcablethat only works at 10mb/sec). I use my camera in a studio tethered to a pc for precise manual control of focus, aperture, ISO, shutter speed, etc to get just the image I want the first time. I haven't bought one of the $800 wireless grips, they would not pay for themselves in my case.

I could certainly imagine bird and wildlife photographers wanting wireless control of their camera from a laptop far enough away so they are not in danger, or so that they do not disturb the subject.

I'd use gps as well, it sounds like a good way to help organize images by location wather than typinng it into the metadata on import.