Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1D mk III / 5D mk II : image quality and sharpness

Re: 1D mk III / 5D mk II : image quality and sharpness

Hello,

What do you mean ?

For me it's a budget range first. And in that range, knowing that I already have a 50D (with some usable specs) , it's finding the best image quality cam for what I do.

1Ds is almost twice the price the 1D III. It sure is great (the best ?) , but I can't afford it at the moment.

Hello John,

There are some reviews that confirms that the 7D is less sharp than the 50D (w/ same lenses, same settings). And 7D is not different enough to change (according to my criteria, which is subjective)

And just like owners of the 40D were saying that it makes better pics (talking sharpness) than the 50D, due to less Mpx for the same sensor, I wondered what the 1D III was capable of against 5D II.

Supposing that they both have better quality images than 40 and 50D

Yeah, maybe it's splitting hair, but considering the prices of the 1DIII and 5DII it's worth thinking

Yes it's not quite as sharp as the 50D butthe 7D has more mpx and outweighs the slight softness. Just thought you might considerit as an option.

John.

1Ds is almost twice the price the 1D III. It sure is great (the best ?) , but I can't afford it at the moment. (EXACTLY)

so don't make comparison between 1D series vs 5D series as i sad it is totally different flatform. Youre POST was 1D MKIII vs 5D MKII. They have different $$$ and performance. Here you discuss abt image quality of course Megapixels 1D series pricey because its 1D series eventhough 5D series have more .Consturction and its' "ENGINE" is totally different.

As we said in MOTOR WORLD ther is no REPLACEMENT for DSPLACEMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabazan
    I wondered what the 1D III was capable of against 5D II.

The short answer is NO. Don't ask for the long answer, Daniel Browning will take care of that.[]