Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 17-85 vs. Tamron 28-75

Re: Canon 17-85 vs. Tamron 28-75

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"]I used to own the Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 and enjoyed it while I had it. 28mm on a 1.6X FOVCF sensor can be very limiting indoors but for taking head &amp; shoulders portraits it really shines. It's a sharp lens and will give you pretty good bokeh. My concern was much less with the noise that the focus makes and more with how much it searched...especially in dim light. f/2.8 is great for indoor use without a flash but slow focus and mis-focus annoyed me after a while. Tamron seems to make some really sharp glass but their Achilles heel is definitely their auto focus mechanism. I'd suggest that you try one from a reputable retailer that will allow you to return it if you find that it's unsatisfactory.<span style="color: black;"]<o></o>

Re: Canon 17-85 vs. Tamron 28-75

I'm thinking about renting one to make sure. There are too many factors that make me hesitate so I think this is the best course of action. I checked out LensRentals.com and they look pretty good...anyone have experience?