Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding-photography tips - Share yours

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wedding-photography tips - Share yours

Hi Jan -

I wish you all the best with your first wedding shoot! The suggestions you and others have listed already are fantastic and you should be very well covered with making it very memorable for them for years to come!

I am FAR from a wedding photographer but I have been the "mother of the bride" only four short years ago. We had a "professional" photographer and even back then before I knew anything about taking photos myself, I knewmany of the photos were far from good! Such as these ...Background ...awful! Lighting ...awful!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/Shan-_2600_-Steve-by-the-water.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/Shannon_2500_20_2500_26_2500_20Steve_2500_20_2500_ 40_2500_20Lake_5B00_2_5D00_.JPG[/img]

So other than that and what's been mentioned, my advice would be to stay on your toes! Definitely get photos of the obvious that every wedding photographer shouldcapture but stay aware of the not so obvious. Such as, the special moments between bride and groom when they think everyone's attention is focused elsewhere and not on them. Photos of the father talking to his baby girl BEFORE they walk down the aisle together as well as groom and his father & mother, photo of the mother of the bride as she watchesher husband and daughtercome down the aisle togetheror during the father/daughter dance, grandma & grandpa holding hands as they remember their own special day ...just any intimate moments you can capture!

Good Luck! I personally think you'll do great!

Denise

Bring some food that can be eaten quickly.

GREAT POINT!! Photographers are often left off of the guest list. Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by mistake. It's a long day so have something handy to eat when you can.

So, how did the wedding go and when are we going to see some pics for C&C?

Tom

I'm sorry I haven't replied earlier on some replies. I have been very busy the last 2 weeks. Also the fact that I still need to use Internet Explorer to use TDP doesn't really help and so this thread got lower and lower on the list.

Anyway thanks for the replies so far and I promise I will adjust the list to your commentary ASAP! I will also probably add some of mine, since now I have "some" weddingphotography experience []

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wertman
    So, how did the wedding go and when are we going to see some pics for C&C?

Well to be honest...it was absolutely exhausting, but very much fun to do! I'm very pleased with the results so far. Only looked through the 1980 files so far....48.7GB!! [:P] I will start on them soon and well I think I could share some with you guys as well. But before I'm at that stage it might take a while. Another week or so.

Now I have to go to bed. I will return to this thread ASAP to read and reply more intensily. Thanks for the effort you all putt in so far,

Jan