Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Needs travel advice to Beijing on gears to bring

rzFoto

Re: Needs travel advice to Beijing on gears to bring

I was just there this July and all I had was a canon 17-40 and I was generally happy with the results. You will need to walk a lot in the city as well as the popular sites, so bring as light as you can. Most hotels have one 110Voutlet (in the bathroon), so bring a power stip in case you need to charge multiple items at once. Good luck and enjoy the trip.

Re: Needs travel advice to Beijing on gears to bring

Quote Originally Posted by Iguide

Depending on the type of converter some of them can act as a serge protector, some not. Also as I mentioned in your original thread and neuroanatomist (John) mentioned here their outlets are not the same as ours and in some countries they are not standardized so different connectors are sometimes needed to handle the recharging all within the same country.

Just noticed a relevant statement in the manual for the Powershot s95, and a similar statement is in the Canon manual for my 7D, in the section near the beginning called Tips for Using the Battery and Charger: "The battery charger is comparible with a 100 V AC to 240 V AC 50/60 Hz power source. If necessary, attach a commercially-available plug adapter for the respective country or region. Do not attach any portable voltage transformer to the battery charger. Doing so can damage the battery charger."

In fact, I actually doubt it will damage the charger - but I wanted to pass along Canon's statement on the matter.