Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding Gallery Photos

Great work Denise, bring on the next one.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thank you so much guys for taking time to look through the gallery and for all of the positive comments! Yes, the b&g are very pleased and have said that I will be their go to photographer for all events. Scary thing is though, the brides sister is getting married soon! How do I explain that my price has more than doubled if I am asked to shoot it!?

How do you justify the extra price? Simple. "Your sister's wedding was an experiment, for which she received a substantial discount. I have a better idea of how much work goes into preparation, the event, and post processing, and know what my costs are now. I took a loss on your sisters wedding, and I can't keep doing work at a loss." After you've doubled your price, offer them a 10% discount, letting them know you can't afford to go lower. I'm not sure if you did take a loss. I know you were worried you would, and didn't want to take the job initially. I also know several members donated gear to you to keep costs down. To me that says your old price was too low. The generous community here kept you (hopefully) in the black, and you've gained experience.

You not only need to make enough money to get by right now (mortgage, food, gas, heating, water, electricity, etc. as well as things like movies, books, dogs, vet bills that are part of life), but to save up a bit for the down time between gigs, wear and tear on gear, etc.