Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo magazines

Re: Photo magazines

I recently got the May issue of shutterbug and I really liked it.

What about Digital Camera World? I picked them up at a book store and they looked legit. (I cant judge technical information that well because I don't know much about it) Is the only drawback the high price?

One more I picked up was "Photographic" It seemed to deal more with basic tips and such. But it looked good too.

Opinions, thoughts?

I don't subscribe to any mags, butusuallygo to Barnes and Noble or Borders,see what they haveand pick 1-2 most interesting magazines that month.

I enjoy reading British magazines, like Photography Monthly, Practical Photography, Digital Camera World, What Digital Camera. The former 3go forabout $10, the latter - $6-7. They are more pricey than the domestic ones but often worth the extra few bucks.

I find this one really great:

<h1>PhotoPlus magazine</h1>
    <div class="ItemOfferTitle"]</div>
    <div class="ItemOfferText"]
    <div id="mag_details"]
    <div class="intro"]

PhotoPlus is a brand new digital photography magazine aimed at users of Canon SLRs.

PhotoPlus will help you take better photos, through a mixture of jargon-free guides, essential photographic techniques and no-nonsense Photoshop lessons

Unlike other photo magazines, PhotoPlus also shows you what to do with your photos when the shooting and editing is done - every month you''ll find exciting new ways to print and share your pictures.

PhotoPlus is 100% Canon - so you can be sure the magazine is 100% relevant to your camera, and your needs.

And every issue will come with a fantastic videodisc, crammed with easy to follow Photoshop and Photoshop Elements tutorials.

"Calling all Canon SLR owners &ndash; are you sick of wading through photography magazines in a vain search for something relevant to your camera? Well the search is over! PhotoPlus is the only monthly magazine dedicated to consumer Canon SLRs, from the EOS 350 and 400D to the 5D and beyond.

Every month you&rsquo;ll find in-depth advice on getting the most from your Canon SLR, presented in an easy to follow, jargon-free format that puts your camera manual to shame. PhotoPlus&rsquo;s mission statement is &lsquo;Capture, Edit and Share&rsquo; so you&rsquo;ll also find plenty of advice and instruction on editing and improving your shots in Photoshop, plus new ways of sharing them with a global audience.
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

I agree, Photo Plus is a fine magazine.

well shoot, that one's even more expensive than Digital Camera World! It seems there aren't any decent publications based in the US anymore.
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

CPN Magazine

Most mainstream photo rags are paid off by the manufactuers for positive reviews. They also tend to be more ads than content.

Does anyone have any sugestions for a magazine 'portfolio' style with large semigloss images? If photographyserved.com were a magazine thats what I would want.

It's specific to B&amp;W, but I really like LensWork.

http://www.lenswork.com/

Photo Plus:

Well holy Bat poop, Bat man. I could fly to Manila[ip] on the back of an albatros for the price of that subscription.[:O] A $116.65. Gee, it better be printed in gold leaf for that price.

I'd like to see a copy before I lay out that kind of bread on a mag rag. Whew, shudder, shudder.

It's a good mag, with very good essays about the creativity and "seeing." I haven't pulled the trigger on a subscription myself yet, but when you compare it to the price of photography class, it starts to look worth it.