Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How should I handle this?

Re: How should I handle this?

@w349 - I did crop that one more & it looks much better! Thanks for the advice!

Here is the cropped version ...

I would diffinetly send her some, I think you are being overly critical. My first reaction was "Those are some really nice shots!" and would be very happy if someone got that kind of shots of my pet for nothing, Heck, I

Denise, One man
    Bob

Thanks! I think I will send her one and post the others on my zenfolio site. Wish me luck with this guys ...it could lead to something (fingers crossed)!

Here is one I just finished that I think is my favorite!

Here's a link to the final photos on my zenfolio site. I had it locked (requiring password) but I don't think I really need to do that, do I for just dog photos?

It's the folder titled "Hoglund" ...

dtrociophotography.com/f20360

Hey Denise,

First, let me agree with everyone else and state the obvious; you are being too hard on yourself. I like the first and the crop the best, but they are all acceptable and I am sure would be loved by the dog's person.

As for the watermark, I purchased LR3 last year on a cyber-week special and I have made a watermark part of every image I process since I started to use it. I have played with different positions and I have currently settled on placement in the middle of the bottom of the image. I originally went for the left lower corner, but it was too easily cut off in the common 8x10 print. I have two settings, one for landscape and one for portrait processing. the reason for this is so that on any common print sizes or crops it cannot be cut from the image. this way even on images I "give" to people my due credit is recognized. Since I am looking to start to earn a little from my in vestment this works well. I have got a couple of requests based on people seeing my work. Personally, I do not like it your placement in the center. I find it distracting and negative to your image going over the dog's face. I think it would be visually more pleasing just below the dog. your work is still recognized, but it does not take away from it. And in this case, if the owner were to have any prints made it would not be easily removed.

Chris