Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best value for money Canon DSLR???

Re: best value for money Canon DSLR???

sorry bout that jordan......at least i wasn't talking in the 3rd person....lol

anyway.....JKS.......i guess my advice is figure out what you are going to do with your camera, and how much you would like to spend. save some money for good glass though, i havent used my kit lens (18-55 3.5-5.6IS) in six months. i recommend the T2i when it comes out..........or the 7D. wish i couldget either one or those........but funds get in the way. good luck in your choice

Best value for the money ...I'd say my 4 month old T1i that is for sale! []

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Best value for the money ...I'd say my 4 month old T1i that is for sale! [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Why are you selling your T1i?

Best value for the money ...I'd say my 4 month old T1i that is for sale! [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Denise

Denise has been struck by a little addiction I think...she's been buying and selling like crazy last season [:P] hihi I've been there as well as many others on this forum [A] Anonymous Photographers, please join the group []

Best value for money would be a second hand 500D/T1i in a couple weeks when the T2i gets out.

Or just an old 450D or 40D. They still make good pictures, it comes down to glass more then to a body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    Or just an old 450D or 40D. They still make good pictures, it comes down to glass more then to a body.

I'd say photography expertise and a familiarity of lighting has just as big of an impact on great images as the glass....but the glass is easiest to obtain. ;-)

Denise has been struck by a little addiction I think...she's been buying and selling like crazy last season

hehe....never thought of that, but true. When I started out I was obsessed with what I should buy and then after learning a bit I settled in... Part of that is I just didn't have the cash to buy anything else, that was the only thing between me and a lot of equipment I didn't need [:P]

But seriously, Denise, you may have GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). The syptoms are excessive purchasing of Camera equipment and accessories. Some patients have been subject to numerous deadly side effects, such as:

-Selling your children into slavery to fund photographic pursuits

-Renting out the top floor and basement of your house

-L Disease: you will only buy L lenses

If you are experiencing these effects please call your doctor immediately and ask him if 72-hour Photorestrain© (my new GAS drug) is right for you.

Just kidding denise. But seriously, if you don't mind my saying this, you might want to cool it. BTW, why are you selling your T1i?

brendan

Denise has been struck by a little addiction I think...she's been buying and selling like crazy last season [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img] hihi I've been there as well as many others on this forum [img]/emoticons/emotion-13.gif[/img] Anonymous Photographers, please join the group [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Best value for money would be a second hand 500D/T1i in a couple weeks when the T2i gets out.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    The T1i is theONLY thing I have ever posted for sale, everything else will be staying with me for a long, long time! But as far as addiction goes, I can't think of a better group of addicts that I'd rather be in a group with! []

Denise

I'll drink to that! [:P]

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

I'd say photography expertise and a familiarity of lighting has just as big of an impact on great images as the glass....but the glass is easiest to obtain. ;-)

You're totally right! []I was only thinking about the best value for money DSLR, but there are more important things to keep in mind.

Jan

IMO the best value for the money right now is a refurbed 40D if you can find one. Adorama has them occaissionally for ~$700 USD. Great IQ, more durable and faster than a Rebel.

If new is a requirement, I agree with the others that the Rebels can't be beat. Such good IQ and versatility for what you pay for. My XTi took great pics. I got the upgrade bug, though and bought a 50Dbecause it felt better in my hands, took better pics (color wasbetter than the 400D), and has the higher frame rate. Also, going from a 10MP sensor to a 15 lets me crop with more detail.

The T1i is theONLY thing I have ever posted for sale

Why are you selling it?