Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C & C Frost

Re: Frost!

This is dorm. As I said earlier it was two pains of glass I was shooting through and the dots were inevitable. I don't currently have a photo editing program so I will have to mess a around with some free ones to eliminate the specks. Also I think a little more satruatiion might be ok but I think the blue tinge on the ice makes it look colder and more frozen like. Just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming
    I don't currently have a photo editing program so I will have to mess a around with some free ones

i've been experimenting with Gimp2......another poster mentioned it on another post and thought i would try it, even though i have CS4 installed.......i love freeware.....you should give it a try. just google gimp2

Gimp is ok. Gimp is really weird on a mac so that really disappointed me. I also don't understand how it works.

Also do any of you know how I could get DPP for my mac since the 10D that I have lost its software a long time ago?

Thanks, Samuel

only thing i can think of for your missing DPP, is find someone in your area that has the sofware discs and beg/borrow/steal the mac disc off of them, or maybe inquire at your local photo shop.

jim

Re: C & C Frost

Wow, that's very cool! For whatever reason, this has the look of some sort of deep-sea plant, to me, which makes the frost look all the more other-wordly. Either that, or it's because I'm in Phoenix, and I don't think we've ever had frost like that, even on our most 'fridgid' winter mornings. []

Re: C & C Frost

Thanks Jim, I'll check with the photographers around here and see if any will be so kind.

Aaron, Thanks so much. I have only seen that frost a couple of times and usually it is then the window is really cold. Therefore it makes sense that Phoenix would not have much of the frost. I think the morning that I took those it was -15 F outside. It also helps to keep the room really humid so that there is always water to freeze sitting on the windows. :P

Samuel