Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do I really need?

Re: What do I really need?

Thank you for your responses. I still use my 20D a lot and feel that it has become a trusty, reliable camera that continues to serve me very well. Perhaps because it is not as 'cluttered' in features as newer versions or perhaps since it was my first DSLR and it hasn't let me down I feel drawn to it. For a simple, frills free set-up, I am going for a 50mm f1.4 and a body lens/combo that should see me through the island desertation but with a viewing screen that will provide enough frustration to look forward to my rescue. Maybe though I am lured back to simpler days where peace and quiet and time to reflect on the subject rather than the technology is what I crave. Happy photography,

mal

Re: What do I really need?

Mal,

I love this thread. It is good, after dreaming up all the lenses and bodies that I would love to own, to remember that my camera and lens still work.

I am a college student and I really don't have extra cash for the 85 f/1.8 and 70-200m f/2.8 IS that I would really like to see as just the beginning of my lens collection. Then I dream about the 5D MkII. But really I have a 10D and the 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM and they work really well together. Maybe I don't have all the IQ that would be desired for some of the macro work I do with extenders, but, hey, they work and I still have fun with them.

This thread has made me want to go out and shoot.

regards,

Samuel