Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joel....flickr

Re: Joel....flickr

I should have expected it. You ask a question and voice an opinion and very predictable someone starts stating that you need to be more open minded. Ever stop to think you may need to be more open minded to what someone else's opinion may be? That applies to me as well as others.

Bill W:

Yes I know Brian did ad Nikon reviews and I have read some of them. He started the site and does the reviews so that is his prerogative. I have also viewed Rockwell's site to learn more about photography methods etc. I guess I was under the wrong impression that this was strictly a Canon site and came here to learn more about photography with Canon Digital cameras.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Iguide
    I guess I was under the wrong impression that this was strictly a Canon site and came here to learn more about photography with Canon Digital cameras.

I suggest you go tohttp://www.canon.com, instead. You won't have to worry about running across Nikon. Just to be sure, I went ahead and confirmed that for you:

Apologies in advance to anyone I've inadvertently offended with my closed-minded use of Apple's web browser, Safari.[:P]

I got a question. I thought that this was/is a Canon site, why are photographers who are Nikon shooters ( Scott Kelby ) threads being listed?

Iguide, maybe I can answer your question a bit...

First: aperture, shutterspeed, ISO, composition, contrast...you name it, al the different aspects that are dealt with in photography are the same for any brand of camera. So personally I don't care if a Nikon-shooter gives me advice on how to takes photos, because it has more to do with the photographer than with his/her gear. Keep in mind that great Canon gear requires a good photographer to take great shots, else it's just junk. And true photographers can make great photos with even the cheapest gear.

Personally I'm not interested in what Nikon shooters do or say

So I don't agree with you on this one. I think advice about how to take photos has little to do with camera-brands. On the other hand...if a Nikon user is going to recommend Canon lenses I would be stunned [A] but to be honest, there are also people around here that recommend lenses to people without even having tried or owned the particular lenses themselves. And to be honest...I don't like those opinions, because I can read Bryan's reviews myself and the people asking recommendation could be fooled this way. So for those cases I'm not even interested in what Canon shooters do...

I hope you get my point here.

just that I want to learn about Canon cameras from sites like this one

Well to be honest if you read all Bryans reviews and read the manuals and other documents that are available you'd be a Canon technical know-it-all. However, this info and knowledge doesn't make great photos on itself which brings me back to the first part of this reply: "First: aperture, shutterspeed, ISO, composition, contrast...you name it, al the different aspects that are dealt with in photography are the same for any brand of camera"

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke
    I would welcome knowledge from others shooting any brand.. unless they use Apple computers!! I'm gonna buy "Ctrl" stickers to put on their "command" buttons[img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img].
    <div>

How can I not agree on this one []

I should have expected it. You ask a question and voice an opinion and very predictable someone starts stating that you need to be more open minded. Ever stop to think you may need to be more open minded to what someone else's opinion may be? That applies to me as well as others.
    <div>

Sure, I'm very open, also for your opinion: But then you must explain me what advice about photography Nikon users can't give you that Canon users can...and why?

If I wanted to know what other camera operators did with their equipment I would go to general Photography sites
    </div>

Hmmm I can, kind of, see your point... however this thread is in the open talk section and to be honest...If you don't want to read it, you don't have to [A] And please, if you ever have a question about let's say bird-photography, would you mind if a Nikon-shooter gives you good advice? Unless it's a gear-specific question, I'm not really getting your point.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    Apologies in advance to anyone I've inadvertently offended with my closed-minded use of Apple's web browser, Safari.[img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    <div>

Hmmm crap... you made me discover that I also use an Apple product!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!![:P]

Jan
    </div>
    </div>