Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fast, Lethal and Precise - The Spear Fisherman has it all (2nd image added)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fast, Lethal and Precise - The Spear Fisherman has it all

When you took this shot, was the lighting conditions changing?

Also, I would like to know what your a/f setting was set at ? Spot?

Terrific Picture.

Ican appreciatethe time and patience behind this shot.

It looks more like a rainbow trout.

Thank you everyone for taking your time viewing and commenting on this picture.
    1. Mathew, it did happen very quickly, I was able to fire two shots. I have more shots of him posing and trying to down this rainbowtrout. Talking about luck, two shots were in perfect focus.
    2. Ulider, I sat on the ground and bent upper body almost to the ground. I should have laid down, but there was a lot of coot doo doo.It was an overcast day, I increased the contrastabout 10 points in CS2[]
    3. BillM, I was using AI Servo and center point. Sharpening was done in 3 steps in CS@viaUSM - two [amount 150, radius 0.2] and one [amount 100, radius 0.2) threshold was set to0
    4. Jhga22, I handhold the 400 f/5.6 100% of the time. IMO I really think putting this lens on the tripod defeats the purpose of owning such a small lens. I know the400 f/5.6L isn't a sexy lens, it doesn't have IS and it's slow (f/5.6) but it's focusspeed is veryfast and it is sharp wide opened.I always try to keep my shutter speed at at least 1/1000 to free the action and avoid camera shake and I never hesitate to boost my ISO speed. Framing was difficult without IS when I first got this lens, but I'm improving as time goes on. The 400 f/5.6L isn't attractive when you look at it, but after you own it you'll be glad you went with it. The image is about 60% of the original, I was hoping he would spread his wings[]
    5. Tom Carman, the lighting was constant and I used Evaluative Metering

Here is the first of the two shots, same camera setting and post processing

Again, I want to thank everyone for viewing and commenting on this image.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.33/GBH-and-Trout-1.JPG[/img]

Very nice capture and good processing job on the pics....

Very nice shots...makes me wish I had caught that fish! Thanks for sharing.

Rick