Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Show Shots for Flaming

Alan

Re: Air Show Shots for Flaming Air Show shot for Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

For the most part it was the center cluster. Occasionally I bump it to the left or right of the center.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thanks, Keith. That continuous AF tracking info is also good to know!

Did you do any exposure compensation for these shots?

I have to tell you...these are "top gun" images. I love 'em!

Thanks Alan!

No exposure comp, I shot everything jpeg and with the cameras default Standard picture style. I added a slight S curve in PS to a few just to bring up the gray planes.

<div>

I'm an idiot. Anyone who was taking advise from me on the AF method I was using, I said I was using AF Zone but I was actually using AF point expansion. All other info I spewed was correct though.
    </div>

Alan

Oh, great....now I can't trust anything you say! []

<div>

All other info I spewed was correct though.
    </div>

[][][]

Just kidding, of course.

Now you know the real me.[6]

I think they should work pretty similarly, but wanted to get it straight.

Re: Air Show Shots for Flaming

Thanks for sharing. I love airplanes and it is so much fun to see action shots of them. My favorite shot is the Warthog and the other one (I can't place what exactly it is, help?). The two planes are fun to see together especially since I love the Warthog. Coolest plane ever. The helicopter shot is also really cool. I love that wide angle effect that you were able to pull from it. Hope you can update this some time with more cool shots.

By the way, have you tried using a polerizer ever? I really like them and it seems like some of your shots would have been somewhat better with that filter attached.

Thanks again,

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming

Thanks for sharing. I love airplanes and it is so much fun to see action shots of them. My favorite shot is the Warthog and the other one (I can't place what exactly it is, help?). The two planes are fun to see together especially since I love the Warthog. Coolest plane ever. The helicopter shot is also really cool. I love that wide angle effect that you were able to pull from it. Hope you can update this some time with more cool shots.

By the way, have you tried using a polerizer ever? I really like them and it seems like some of your shots would have been somewhat better with that filter attached.

Thanks again,

Samuel

I don't have polarizers. I keep meaning to get an 82mm for my 16-35 and a 77mm for my teles, but I always find something else to spend the money on. I was using the Standard picture style that left colors a little flat. Shooting RAW really isn't that feasible at an air show either.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/IMG_5F00_2392sm.jpg[/img]

Alan

Shooting RAW really isn't that feasible at an air show either.

Keith, why not? You've got a 7D. It shoots fast enough to capture these shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan

Shooting RAW really isn't that feasible at an air show either.

Keith, why not? You've got a 7D. It shoots fast enough to capture these shots.

Well I guess you could, 15 shot burst is probably enough but the real problem is you only get a little over 200 RAWs on an 8 gig card. If you have larger cards or lots of cards you should be okay.

Alan

Well I guess you could, 15 shot burst is probably enough but the real problem is you only get a little over 200 RAWs on an 8 gig card. If you have larger cards or lots of cards you should be okay.

Gotcha....

I've got plenty of 16 Gb cards, plus a Nexto Extreme for just such an occasion. I can hardly wait to go to an airshow.