Well, I finall took the plunge and got a 5D MkII! Since I had photoshop CS3, I had to wait until CS5 came until I could view any of my RAW files....kinda sucked because I have been shooting with it for 3 weeks! As soon as I got the camera, I calibrated it with the AF Micro-Adjustment. I did it about as well as my resources allowed; I had the camera on a tripod about 15ft from a paper with crisp text on it....shot using my laptop as the wired release via EOS utility...narrowest aperature possible..IS off. I have done this 3 different times. Each time, my results are slightly different, but all fairly similar. The problem is this, my rebel xt gave me sharper images with my 70-200 2.8 IS than the MkII does. In the two images below, you can see a pretty big difference between the two. Is my lack of sharpness at 100% common for the MkII, or should I be sending this thing to Canon for some work?

This first one was done with the rebel xt with the 70-200 2.8 IS @ 2.8 with an ISO of 100

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.18/ali-headshot.jpg[/img]

This one was shot with the MkII with the same lens. Aperature at 4 wth an ISO of 100. Exposure was 1/500

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.18/joelle-headshot.jpg[/img]