Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just learning bounce flash+diffused lighting techniques.

Re: Just learning bounce flash+diffused lighting techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by canon-ball
    i didnt really think it was offensive or anything

Probably not, I haven't seen it. But as far as I hear your story I can guess a bit:

- Or someone is just jealous [A]

- Or someone has very strong anti-"nudity" ideas

- Or it is as a protection of the girl in the picture. Can't have anyone putting unwanted photos online.

My guess is that you didn't do anything wrong, but other people might think differently. And when there is only the smallest idea, they pick the safe-side and put it off-line.

Can I ask you what your girlfriend thinks about you putting her "clothe-less" (I won't call it nudity [:P]) picture online? Just out of curiosity..?

Jan

As Sean said, I guess you could post warned links to images that might be at the edge. If you think it isn't nudity, doesn't mean other people have different thoughts about it, always approach by the safe-way. But as a general rule nudity on this forum isn't allowed.

hey jan, thx for your thoughts as well.

To answer your question yes, i wouldnt have put it up for everyone to see if it were'nt first okayed by her.In the future If i choose to post shots like the one were discussing i will put a disclaimer in the title and a external link so that it doesnt violate the forums rules.

This forum is pretty much my bread and butter to get advice so i dont want to be banned or anything, but in the future maybe we should expand whats allowed onto the forum if its done in a professional manner and clearly not crossing a line.After all photography is art and to limit art would be closing down a whole beauty of work, that could have otherwise been critiqued by like minded passionate people that could offer valuable advice,tips,experience etc to further the skill of the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by canon-ball

hey jan, thx for your thoughts as well.

To answer your question yes, i wouldnt have put it up for everyone to see if it were'nt first okayed by her.In the future If i choose to post shots like the one were discussing i will put a disclaimer in the title and a external link so that it doesnt violate the forums rules.

This forum is pretty much my bread and butter to get advice so i dont want to be banned or anything, but in the future maybe we should expand whats allowed onto the forum if its done in a professional manner and clearly not crossing a line.After all photography is art and to limit art would be closing down a whole beauty of work, that could have otherwise been critiqued by like minded passionate people that could offer valuable advice,tips,experience etc to further the skill of the photographer.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

The reason I said, "...we're not alllowed to post nudity" is because I created a thread a few months ago for the purpose of posting justthe pictures you seemingly tried to post (those that didn't show anything a two-piece bathing suit would cover, yet may still make those who were ultra-conservative a bit uneasy). However, Bryan (the creater of this site) felt that the images posted were a bit "too" close to that line and the thread was deleted. He wants to encourage a family-friendly, work-safe environment here at the community and believes a socially conservative approach is ideal to achieving that goal. We should keep his wishes in mind when deciding whether or not to post an image.