Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upgrading..what to get?

Re: upgrading..what to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

It doesn't sound like you need the sports/action features of the 7D or the full frame of the 5D2, so I recommend buying lenses instead. When the 60D comes out (in less than 6 months), you might consider that upgrade.

Good point...

thanks everyone! all your comments and suggestions are highly appreciated..thanks again! at the moment i'm leaning towards the 7D as it will be practical for me because all my lenses are EF-S. most probaly i'll get 1 L lens (most probably the 24-70)if ever i'll go with the 7D to boost its full potential. thanks again! comments and suggestions are still welcome!

I am in the same situation when I just switched to Canon. However, I choose 5D2 since I have experienced the 5D classic from my friend (it is the reason I left Nikon d700 to join 5D2). I almost got 7D as a spare body but also use for birding and wildlife. But then I read about 7D and see to prevent hassle with the AF problems (some people reports) and do not like crop 1.6 so I decided to get 1.3 crop body as 1dmk2n (wish i can afford 1d4!). The more I shoot with 5d2 the better I like this camera with the right setting you could not stop loving this camera with L series lenses. [Y]

I was in the same boat but I bought the 7D because I couldn't afford the 5D MkII at the time. I absolutely love my 7D, esp because I do shoot a lot of videos and 8fps to shoot my nephews basketball games gets me some great shots. I can't see myself settling for the 7D however, as I do want a FF one day in hopes to have photography not only as a hobby, but as a side job to generate some money. If you are looking for this as a hobby, the 7D plus a few nice lenses would be great! If you want to shoot FF and have the money right now, get the 5D MkII as its a great investment! You really can't go wrong with either body.