Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any trouble with Explorer loading site?

Re: Any trouble with Explorer loading site?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

When I look at the address bar at the top "http.//community" is a lighter shade of color, like "unbolded,"than the rest of the sites address is in normal shading. All other sites have the "www" or the "http" part of the address unbolded, but this siteseems unique to have "community" in a lighter shade.

I haven't got a cluewhy, but now to get to this site, Google and Explorer have to open an old cached version and then I go to a review and then I can click on "Community". Very odd.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I read thru the thread again but could not find what version of IE you are running. When I log on here at work during my lunch, I use an oldspare computer in another office since if I sit at my desk people expect me to work while I eat! Anyway, that computer has a very old OS and IE but everything still runs ok when I'm on here.

Also, I have the same lighter shade for "community" in the address bar on my home computer. I believe it is suppose to be like that and is not a problem. It sounds like your problem is isolated to just your computer and you should probably follow Richard's advice.

I wish you luck! I know dealing with computer issues are at the top of my list for the most frustrating things to have to deal with!

Denise

Thanks for your contributions. I did have all the updates and latest software versions.

Finally sorted it today.

In the Tools section, Internet Options, Advanced, Security, for some reason only some of the SSL and TLS boxes were ticked. I ticked them all and now the site loads first time, everytime.

It hasn
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

[Y] Glad to hear you figured it out! I hope all continues to go well with it! Gotta keep your eye onthose SSL's & TLS's!

Denise