Quote Originally Posted by Colin500

Interesting, hadn't thought of reversing (the inclusion relationship of) the timing in that way; suppose I can just try it with the D-Lite and see what happens; not having any other strobes, I'm triggering with the Skyport ECO transmitter.

Not sure what you mean by "reversing (the inclusion relationships of) the timing"?

Did you mean to switch from 1st curtain to 2nd curtain? If so, that method shouldn't work from what I read. I believe it'll switch from the "strobes firing at the moment both curtains become fully open", to "strobes firing at the very end right before fully open curtains begin to close". You will need "strobes firing when the first curtain begins to open, until the second curtain closes" and you can only get that with HSS enabled canon flash on hotshoe (or off camera with ST-E2/cable).

Unfortunately the camera will not go into HSS mode with radiotriggers on its hotshoe []

Quote Originally Posted by Colin500

...compared to speedlights the whole setup is pretty much indoors only, and I hope that limitation won'b bite me further down the road.)

You'll only be thankful down the road []

If you choose to go outdoors, just get some portable batteries and you'll be having a blast overpowering the sun!