Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How 'bout some Superbikes

Re: How 'bout some Superbikes

Taken by pros or not, I prefer Itheone's second picture rather than these.

Itheone +1 [H]

This was my first time shooting at a race, I get the appeal of slower shutter speed, and I'll probably try it next time. This time I just wanted some cool photos of the bikes and I'm happy with what I got.

I'm not sure about all the backside photos from Jefferson, I prefer the front or side view myself.

Itheone, what camera and lens did you use for these? And what was the distance between you and the bikes (rough estimation)?

Hi Oren

I use Canon 40D with 100-400L, I was shooting from the spectator areas, probably 100-200 feet from the track.

And the focal length you used the most was like... 100, 200, 300, 400mm?

Love the versatility of the 100-400, you are never stuck at one focal length But most of them were taken at 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Itheone

Hi Oren

I use Canon 40D with 100-400L, I was shooting from the spectator areas, probably 100-200 feet from the track.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

That's very encouraging, since I have the same camera, and that lens will likely be my next major purchase. Very crisp and sharp shots. What shutter speed WERE you actually using? I am curious, since there is probably an optimum range. Too fast, no motion blur, but too slow and it's ALL a blur. I'm looking for a ballpark. I may beat Barber for their races next month, and I'd like to have a baseline. []